Off topic huh :D

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Leetluv

Off topic huh :D

Post by Leetluv » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:36 am

well i love warammer 40k, and all associated universe products :D i have had my painted miniatures posted in White dwarf b4 and i also do some paiting wargames foundry Eearly imperial romans. and this ladies and gentle men is my favorite online commic.. asside from pie trox ofcourse

http://tsoalr.com/

u might need to be a bit of a 40k tread head to get this though :D

Dublivion

Post by Dublivion » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:30 am

Haha that comic is great! :lol:

I was a huge Warhammer head too before I owned computers and online games consumed me, I was terrible at the games hardly ever won battles but loved painting the miniatures.

I liked the older versions of the games tho where the rules were more complex and they put more backstory into the books. Rogue Trader ftw!

My friends and I still play Talisman 2nd Ed.
AO-UNIVERSE: By players for players
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style5,dublivion.png[/img]
Fixer, Newcomer's Alliance
We are always in all ways nowhere. Now. Here.
screenshots

Sorceress

Post by Sorceress » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:27 am

Oooh Talisman... That's a blast from the past.

Loved that game.
As for Warhammer, I only played the RPG and the Warhammer quest games.

Both are lovely. Used to play an assassin in Quest with dual knives that fought by themselves, he was ubah! 8)

And the RPG is one of the best systems out there. I hate pure level systems like D20.
While on the D20 topic tho, if you're like me and hate levels, but think D20 has some potential... Check out Mutants and Masterminds.
That's how D20 should be!!!

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:26 am

Warhammer 2nd edition, several of my friends had large armys, I had a house with the front & back rooms knocked into one, this resulted in all the furnature going up stairs & battles that took over a week to do! :D

Only problem was, one day I can't down in the middle of the night to raid the fridge, stood on some elves & then fell with my hand on some dwarf pikemen. Well, you all know how the pikes got bent & broken all the time? We used to drill the hand & replace them with brass rod... I had to have 6 of em taken out with a pair of pliers! :lol: :oops: :lol:

I have all expansions for first generation Talisman.

Dublivion

Post by Dublivion » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:23 am

Snakebite wrote:I have all expansions for first generation Talisman.
Awesome, yeah its a phat game when you have everything. :twisted: My fellow Talisman'ers and I have added a number of house rules over the years, to clear up ridiculousness but also to make the game more challenging. Had to implement some major death factor with the potential to thwart any player who was too big for his boots. It does mean that if you die you can come back into the game with nothing and still pwn hard, however it also means many games go for upwards of 6 hours... and generally ends when we can't take it any more hehehe. :lol:
AO-UNIVERSE: By players for players
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style5,dublivion.png[/img]
Fixer, Newcomer's Alliance
We are always in all ways nowhere. Now. Here.
screenshots

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:16 am

Sounds like one of our games of Talisman alright lol