AO is Fubar!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:49 pm

So you're saying that server or client recognizes what faction are you playing, situation (that there's faction clash) and cuts connection?
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:16 pm

No, nothing to do with the server, it's just a new Clan Perk we've not told the Omni about... 'LD Target'... :lol:

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:59 pm

Snakebite wrote:No, nothing to do with the server, it's just a new Clan Perk we've not told the Omni about... 'LD Target'... :lol:
Damn, why wasn't I told? What's the command to use it?

Have couple of hours, so I can go and play in Rome or Entertaiment :twisted:
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Disgruntledminion

Post by Disgruntledminion » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:18 am

OK no need to turn this into a flame war. It was only ment as a bit of a rant on my part to which an interesting discussion became of it.

The whole sided problem is not so much that clanners like to pvp, its because they essential are bribed to pvp. Clanners Tower bot has a point system for those that go and help or attack towers. Hence the "zerging" in NW's. Omni does'nt have this system....unfortunately. If Omni did I'm sure it would be a great insentive for more omni to defend there allies.
Many more Omnis in the past 1.5yrs or so have ebayed more than Clan - at least from the ones I know.
Rumor has it that many just left to go play WoW.

Yes it is true that there are losers taking advantage of the froobs in pvp. Many hang out at the temple claiming to be noobs but insist on wanting to pvp. Thats why to me pvp rank is meaningless. But this is getting off topic. :P
No, nothing to do with the server, it's just a new Clan Perk we've not told the Omni about... 'LD Target'...
Damn! my buddy was right! He kept insisting that everytime he went by a clanner with a certain aura, he would get booted.

Actually its just the whole FC hates AtI or vice versa situation.

Back on topic, my RL friend persuaded me to make a neutral toon on rk1. So I guess I will reluctantly play him every once in awhile. I've aswell noticed Omni's XP bonus is above clans lately and I know why. Seems like clans lost a couple of there major pvp leaders recently. Due to RL stuffs. I 'll honestly be surprised if this new trend stays....Tho I really have my doubts. FC will find a another way to makes omnis life miserable..... cough wait they have. .LE er when it is released. :P

Regards

Disgruntledminion

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:17 am

Disgruntledminion wrote:The whole sided problem is not so much that clanners like to pvp, its because they essential are bribed to pvp. Clanners Tower bot has a point system for those that go and help or attack towers. Hence the "zerging" in NW's. Omni does'nt have this system....unfortunately. If Omni did I'm sure it would be a great insentive for more omni to defend there allies.
??? is this on Dim 1? cos I've never heard of it on Dim 2...
What do the points get them? :?

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:39 pm

Points for tower battles for Clans is pretty rare... there are Points for Tara though, and thats obvious due to the phat loot.

And dont act like many Clanners didnt leave for WoW, either. Damn kiddy cartoon game needs to die.

Omni XP bonus is only up due to lowbie twinks - plain and simple. I personally dont care for Side XP (and I'm currently playing an Omni froob Fixer anyways) but all I care (and all the Clanners truly care about) is the high level tower contract and tower bonuses. No omni org has a high level tower. As long as omnis dont get high level towers, no one really cares for your lowbie towers.
Imatroxdoc, 188/12 Atrox Doctor, Omni, Squad Commander of Band of Little Brothers
Ruffixx, 136/13 Opifex Fixer, Omni, Unit Member of Obsidian Order

Former account open for now:
Imadoctor, 208/11 Solitus Doctor
Frieloc, 205/8 Soltius Adventurer

All Altantean.

Disgruntledminion

Post by Disgruntledminion » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:35 am

Last week Clams took half of galway shire....Guess they like lowbie towers after all. Also Omni HAS been taking high lvl towers. But Clams lately cant seem to be able to defend so they wait till most omni are at beast or Tara or apf. Surprisingly on Atlantean Omni is waking up. But I'm not trying to care to much anymore... Playing as a neutral presents itself with a whole new list of problems. Oddly enough I still find most clammers to be rude and ignorant. The only thing that makes me laugh is the subscribing clams calling me a gimp or laughing at my lack of power when teamed up killing things. Shows you how dumb some people are on AO considering that obviously as a froob I have a huge disadvantage to the subscribers. :roll:

A RL friend of mine played on Rimor recently, he said Omni have been very helpful and kind in general. He also mentioned that no matter which server he 's on Clams are still the same, non helpful and just plan mean.(his words).

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:52 pm

Hmmm, well there's always pillocks on every side, sorry for your experiences... :cry:

However, come to Dim2, we'll show you how the friendship thing is supposed to work, my Org will mostly team happily with anyone, regardless of faction.