AO is Fubar!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Disgruntledminion

AO is Fubar!

Post by Disgruntledminion » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:57 pm

After being a subscriber for several years I decided to cancel my subscription. Taking a few weeks off I came back as a froob. I now have decided to stop playing all together. This game has become way too one sided. Hell everything is all favored to the clans. Even GSPand the mod to these forms are clan. Clans own Tara...Clans always own most of the land on RK. I pretty much have a feeling that once LE comes out Omni will be owned perminantly. Poor Neutrals will be gone like the Dodo's.
The game now is making me feel like "what was the point" to bother trying anymore? Sure Omni can capture land for NW's, but then they hardly ever try to keep it. Not to mention that Clans are fairly unified...Omni for some reason isnt. Why? I have no freaking clue. As far as the storyline to AO, I also feel that omni is not givin enough support to its side....Basing this on the storyline. Aswell I feel that for what the clans are, there getting way to many benefits considering that they, for all purposes the underdogs. Unless of course there secretly getting funding by Sol corp. Again going by the storyline.

Basically I'm fed up. I cant seem to enjoy this game anymore. Why dont I just go and join clan? Well I've been with Omni for too long. From what I have been seeing...unless Omni orgs get there act together....there screwed. Especially when LE comes out!

Um anyone know of any good Mmorph to try? (besides WoW)

Regards,
Disgruntledminion

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:46 am

Yes, it's true, I'm a Clanner. I make no secret of it but don't let it cloud my judgement concerning these Boards either :wink:

Did you think to check what faction the higher ups here are? :?:

We have all 3 of the factions working here.

Which Dimention are you on? Cos last time I bothered looking (I'm not a PvPer), Omni had Tara on Dim2 :)

Omni also took away all my Orgs Tower Sites not long ago! (the gits... mutter mutter...)

As to why Omni seem to be the underdog of the 2 major factions, maybe the player base is becoming more anarchic?
"Fight the System, down with the opressors!" sort of thing?
Either way, Omni on RK will always have the backing of Omnitek, which is not to be sniffed at!

(& I'd kill to get the Omni-Med Battle Armor on my Doc!!!! :twisted: )

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:22 am

Yes, since you're complaining, posting what server are you on would help.

But the thing is, Omnis have game advantage. Clans are just more organized.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:47 pm

Organisation is my other middle name as well as it being Ukblizzard. No idea you are talking about Trgeorge *grin*

In addition, I dont think the actual forum here has had much of a modification. As to the site, well we are in the process of designing a new main version with the future plan being that there will be different skins for differing tastes. I am not sure how the aesthetics of our site can influence a desicion on whether to play AO or not.

Very interested to know what server you are on too.

- Katelin

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:49 pm

My guess is Atlantean, because clan side is organized and we pretty much pwn omni in Tara and other high level raids and NW.

However I do know in Rimor is the other way around, where omnis pwn clans.

So it depends on the server you're on.

I'm clan and glad to be in Atlantean, soon I will be 5 years in AO (june is around the corner).
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:09 pm

Not long ago the Clan side bonus on Rimor was 14% ^^ but then Omni got their act togeather big style & dropped us down to about 5%, we've struggled back up to about even with 7.5ish% (I want my 14% back!!! :lol: and our 3 longterm tower sites!)

Disgruntledminion

Post by Disgruntledminion » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:46 pm

Hi, I'm on both Atlantean and Rimor. I play mostly on atlantean. I gave up my account on rimor when clan pwned us by almost claiming the whole map. What a really bad week that was. *shutters*..

Um sry, no they don't. True both factions may have the advantage from one time or another HOWEVER Clans have always been on the up much more then Omni. Aswell its a known fact that FC LOVES clanners. -.-

Ukblizzard - You lost me. lol I'm guessing your talking about changes to the forums??

I doubt Omni will ever do any better as it has. Since AO's beta, which was mostly clan players, Clanners have then been better organized. Because of this clans will always remain on top. I've also heard through the grapevine that LE does indeed show more favor to the clan players. Apprently Sol corp gives them a big helping hand. I can't confirm this to be true but my source has been rather reliable in the past.

Regards,
Disgruntledminion

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:03 pm

Disgruntledminion wrote:Um sry, no they don't. True both factions may have the advantage from one time or another HOWEVER Clans have always been on the up much more then Omni. Aswell its a known fact that FC LOVES clanners. -.-
I suspect this whole post might turn into flame war...strong issues usually get out of control. So I reply just to back up my previus statement.

Omni-Tek Gunship
Omni Armed Forces Tank Armor
Frederickson Micro-kinetic Sleeves
Now please show me Clan version of those items.

Hopefully I'll be able to find post by Znore (or was it Silirrion?), in which it's admited that admins play Omni. If I find it, gonna edit this to include it.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Leetluv

Post by Leetluv » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:17 pm

hmmm *drools* i want them to make a big balck missle like ship with the white OT logo on its wings so i can fly arround athens and scare ppl :) on foot is even more fun though because my heal delta and reflects kill those trash vanguards. and dewd btw OMNI is teh Ro0xx0rz! i mean common, who wins points for looking coolest? redeemed or un redeemed? well it s certainly rhe unred, i mean they are just dangerous looking, the clan ones are faires.. with buterfly wings like my cousins daughter wears to haloween!

and the OTAF owns sentinels anyday. and on rimor we are organized, massive tower battles yesterday and then tara, with a sprinkeling of ubar mobs like ian warr to kill.

maybe you should just give it a bit more time, send em a tell if u need any more dogmatic omni preaching!! :D

Disgruntledminion

Post by Disgruntledminion » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:24 am

@Trgeorge No m8, flame wars are down the hall to the left. :P

Anyway in response to the items clans get...

clanner toys...
http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/mobs_kaehler.html
http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/quest_brockrings.html
http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/quest_genghispan.html
http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/quest_noddagregg.html
http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/armor_antigravunit.html

etc...etc...etc... I could post many more clan only quests. Clans also have a version of the gunship, I got shot down by one. :P Also as far as the tank armor goes, Clan enforcers have that special tank armour(dont recall the name and its not the one from foremans).

Omni gets omni life and adventurers armour however clans get the pilgrim armour line which in some cases is better then omni's.

At anyrate when it comes to gear, things kinda even out I think. I've never played clan, tho I'm sure there are other better options for them for back armour. Most ppl try and go for the notum tank or SL anyway.

@Leetluv thnx for the reply. Rimor has changed since I was last on. But for how long? probably be a matter of days until clan take over again. :/

Leetluv

DEWD!

Post by Leetluv » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:09 am

that black clan tank is wearable by omnis aswell :D
and if it is within my power to prevent the clans getting what they want then you have my word as a fantic omi tek lunatic that i will do what it takes :) are you high enough for tara? id be more than hapy to bring you along for the wild run if you want

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:07 am

Rk1 is definitely an interesting place, in the past 3+ years I've been in AO the pendulum has swung each and every possible way - just like it does in any game with a Side conflict situation like AO's.

When I just joined the game I think Omni was the ones with the 11+ Side %, but then for most of my mains life in the pre-SL days, Clan rarely dropped under double digits. FC does play Omni more than Clan, as a fact. Look at the SL launch. Omni quests were fixed way before the Clan ones were, allowing more Omnis to reach the higher ends of the Shadowlands before Clan. Thanks to some Clanners having no RL I suppose, Clan had the first 1-3 220s on rk1 I believe. I do remember Clan had the first for sure, Redemption doc and too lazy to look up the name.

Anyways, in the current state of affairs, Clan does have more experience. Not more players, more experience and committed people. Few Omni players have the drive to actually PvP and participate in NW like the Clanners do. Many more Omnis in the past 1.5yrs or so have ebayed more than Clan - at least from the ones I know. Look at Hells Heroes last summer. In like 2 weeks their average level dropped from 216 to maybe 204. So many of their higher officers quit/ebayed and they're nothing now. Thats just one example.

Numbers are not a factor. People love to whine about them. Next time you're running into a tower battle, do a !server to any org bot. See that the numbers are usually low 40%'s for both Omni and Clan, and 2-7% Neutral. Then you ask - why are there so many more clanners at the tower battles? Well, Clanners like to PvP. Plain and simple. Besides ShadowBreed Inc. and maybe Alphastrike, I dont really know of any omnis that would go out of their way to do anything to win a tower battle or gankfest. Its hard for the omnis to just get the people to fight. Omni has been losing forever, and when you're losing you don't want to fight because you think you're just going to lose. This doesn't go for everyone, but many people. Even though the side xp% isn't too drastically in favor of Clan, everything that matters does. High end NW (does Omni still have 0 200+ towers? been awhile if so), Tara, and many other things even APF the Clanners can usually push the Omnis around.

Its funny, in the words of Tiamin: "Playing rk2 Clan is like playing rk1 Omni, who would ever want to do such a thing?" It seems like the servers are the exact same, with the exception that they're just reversed in terms of who is dominant at what.

Maybe some great old Omni PvP leaders will come back someday and help the Omni cause, or some org or person will step up to actually make tower battles, PvP, and Tara more interesting. My opinion isn't really biased, since I've played all 3 sides extensively on both servers. Dont try flaming either, since I honestly wont care or probably wont look back at this post for awhile. I have multiple other forums to spam :wink:
Imatroxdoc, 188/12 Atrox Doctor, Omni, Squad Commander of Band of Little Brothers
Ruffixx, 136/13 Opifex Fixer, Omni, Unit Member of Obsidian Order

Former account open for now:
Imadoctor, 208/11 Solitus Doctor
Frieloc, 205/8 Soltius Adventurer

All Altantean.

Leetluv

Post by Leetluv » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:18 am

" dont really know of any omnis that would go out of their way to do anything to win a tower battle or gankfest."

uve got that right! who would? what is the point, where is the fun in goin along and getting alphad by someone who sits arround because they are unemployed and twinks, im sorry for those of you twinks who are just decent people, but traders who sit infront of subway with a pump on and spam vicinity saying "rusty ithaca ki-8 ql 15" are just screwing up the game for newbies, Twinkers who dont get what they want whine about Farmers campin out the dynas they need, then turn arround and farm newbies for titles, im sorry, again to those who twink to be able to kill monsters (like me) but PvP twinks with super alphas makes it a push over and its not alot of fun.

Also people shouldnt be forced to PvP, i dont unless the 220 sites are under attack. Untill it becomes more rational logical and fun i can lay money that it will retain its aura of a gank fest as you so aptly described.

:twisted: BEWARE ALL OF YOU TRADERs I GOT A VERY NASTY SPECIAL FOR j00 IF YOU ARE INFRONT OF SUBWAY IN ROME DOING WHAT I SAID ABOVE :twisted:

SgtShadow

Post by SgtShadow » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:42 pm

Woot, this could say only claner, game advantage good joke, just go on tara and see what fc is doing there, for example omni rush tara with clan squms already in, noone from tara ld while atlast 50% of omni ld few times atlast, and then wait, so omni should next time be faster and defend, yea, so clan rush, omni defending, noone from clan ld and again half of omni ld, so don't say such stupid things like omni have game advantage lol.

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:11 pm

^ Its funny how you say that when Clans mysteriously had the same issue when Omni dominated Tara. Same whine, different side. Get a new argument
Imatroxdoc, 188/12 Atrox Doctor, Omni, Squad Commander of Band of Little Brothers
Ruffixx, 136/13 Opifex Fixer, Omni, Unit Member of Obsidian Order

Former account open for now:
Imadoctor, 208/11 Solitus Doctor
Frieloc, 205/8 Soltius Adventurer

All Altantean.