Shout Out!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

bikernoj

Shout Out!

Post by bikernoj » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:59 pm

Hey all,

I discovered AO about two months ago, set up a few fr00b toons, and have been really enjoying the game. I'm usually a solo RPG/FPS gamer, so this is really the very first MMO I've played. I think I stayed away from MMOs because of all the stories I'd heard of jackasses constantly beating up newbies for their milk money, and I wasn't about to pay for something like that.

However, even though there are a few minor glitches (the Tab key won't select anything in a fight sometimes; ???), overall I think Funcom is doing a very good job with AO. But now to the REAL reason for my post:

I want to give a HUGE shout out of appreciation to all the random people that have helped my toons, both in-game and out. No one I know personally plays AO, and I don't belong to any guilds (yet), so to have random strangers help me get Exarch Robes, my Gamma Ejector, let me tag along for XP from Legos, and donated massive credits WITHOUT my asking, THANK YOU!!!

Granted, there are still some jerks out there that want to wave their "twink" in your face and leave you stranded at the bottom of a dungeon, or the ones that go around begging for creds constantly (you're right, it IS annoying!), but thankfully their percentage is small in comparison to the helpful ones I've met.

As my toons get higher, I hope to return the favors I've received to other lowbies in hopes of continuing this trend of altruism. Thanks again to toons like Luegi, Rumplestilskin, Genshuku, and others I can't remember offhand that have helped to make AO loads of fun!

Scoopx
AOU Reporter

Post by Scoopx » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:39 pm

Welcome to AO.... I'm glad you are finding your first experience in a MMO to be rewarding. There are a ton of people out there that are very helpful. Yes, there are jerks out there.. but hey, they're in RK4 too. Ignore them, they'll move on when they don't get anyone to rise to the bait. Let us know what server you are on so we can hook you up with some good people. I see that you like to RP... the rp-family is growing and going quite strong on both RK1 and RK2 (idk about RK3, I don't speak german :o ). If there is anything we at AOU can do to help out... let us know. Check out our guides (<------ over there on the left under Knowledge) and if you have a question or problem not covered there, this is the place to ask.

Laters
And now You know!

Roger "Scoopx" Johnson
Cub-Reporter for Rubi-Ka Times
Neutral Division
[img]http://www.scene-and-heard.com/ao/sigs/sig_scoopx.jpg[/img]

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:52 pm

What Scoop said...

Yup, there's a lot of realy helpful people, we like to see newbies around, keeps the game active! lol.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!