Ofab armor questions

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

mpatrick

Ofab armor questions

Post by mpatrick » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:11 pm

So I am now really getting back into the swing of things, and finally got a bunch of victory points in APF missions the other day. So I search the guides and finally find out that Ofab comes from Tower shops, and I go browsing. Which leads to my questions...

1) I see it sold at different QLs. Does it upgrade via clicking, or do you simply buy one QL, and when you can fit into the next QL, you buy the same armor again at the higher QL?

2) What level does conventional wisdom say that Ofab is better than armor drops or Tier armor? AO is famous for no one single set ever having all you want or need, and I would bet Ofab carries on that tradition.

3) Going back to the QL thing, since I can see it being cost prohibitive from a VP standpoint, what is the normal QL people save up for getting the first Ofab pieces?

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Morgo
AOU Content Editor

Re: Ofab armor questions

Post by Morgo » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:06 am

mpatrick wrote: 1) I see it sold at different QLs. Does it upgrade via clicking, or do you simply buy one QL, and when you can fit into the next QL, you buy the same armor again at the higher QL?

2) What level does conventional wisdom say that Ofab is better than armor drops or Tier armor? AO is famous for no one single set ever having all you want or need, and I would bet Ofab carries on that tradition.

3) Going back to the QL thing, since I can see it being cost prohibitive from a VP standpoint, what is the normal QL people save up for getting the first Ofab pieces?
Answers:

1) They are not upgradeable, you would have to buy new one as you fit next one, so advisable to twink and really do effort for getting highest possible on

2) Around Tl5 many switch to partly ofab instead of tir armor. T2 is often harder to get than ofab and in some cases have better stats.

3) this various alot but again at TL5 I seen many with ofab so 175 - 225 armor