Script help

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

fatalcry

Script help

Post by fatalcry » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:36 am

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place to post but i've been trying to script an auto buff macro for AO and the way I was going to do it was using the shortcut bar numbers corrosponding with the nanos that I want buffed.

I know that &.#.4.9.; = 1 but I wondering what I type to command &.#.4.9.; to be pressed

Thanx

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:39 am

I don't think it's possible to do what you're trying to do easily in AO. You'd basically need a program or piece of hardware that emulates mouse movements and/or pressing of the keyboard. AO itself does not support this kind of scripting. Furthermore, it's also a "dark grey" area in the game's license. Officially you're not allowed to remotely control AO apart from means provided by the game itself.

fatalcry

Post by fatalcry » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:47 am

ok thanx I just wanted something where I could just sit back and let the computer buffs me with all my buffs :P

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:49 pm

Sounds like what I would call "automated gameplay" and it's something Funcom is not too thrilled about and is against the EULA

fatalcry

Post by fatalcry » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:56 pm

yeh I won't be doing it now I was just wondering. thanx for the replies though :)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Yup, I tried this a long time ago.. It IS possible apparently, but hidiously difficult & lag & timing were crucial so it's not realy viable.
Some classes have HUGE amounts of buffs to do/give out lol.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Morgo
AOU Content Editor

Post by Morgo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:33 am

What you are talking about is possible. I know someone who have done it, but he uses a outside program he made him self and the coding he has done it very extended programming it takes high skills.

and its automated gameplay like said earlier and something Funcom do not like. I know some known issue where you get unfair advanges ingame.