Weapon after Neutrino Flash

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Stevesgun316

Weapon after Neutrino Flash

Post by Stevesgun316 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:05 pm

Just wondering what would be better for a froob weapon after neutrino flash. Div 9 or Hellfury Assault Cannon from cyborg barracks

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:25 am

If you are willing to invest in Ranged Energy for the Div9, thats possibly a good way to go. You should hit harder and crit higher.. though the min damage is lower.

The Hellfury does have upgrades but the level lock is likely to put you off for now perhaps.

I would say that if you want to stick with Assault Rifles, perhaps use Division 9s for now, then consider the Hellfury later on or perhaps a Nophex. Depending of course on whether you upgrade your account or not :)

Stevesgun316

Post by Stevesgun316 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:16 pm

Thanks for the advice

Morgo
AOU Content Editor

Post by Morgo » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Div9 is one of most solid and most used weapon option when it comes to froob soldiers. We do have a excelent guide here for choices of armor and weapons for any kind of soldier.

http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... k=0&id=230

rudz

Re: Weapon after Neutrino Flash

Post by rudz » Tue May 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Stevesgun316 wrote:Just wondering what would be better for a froob weapon after neutrino flash. Div 9 or Hellfury Assault Cannon from cyborg barracks
I am curios to know the better for a froob weapon after neutrino flash.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed May 12, 2010 12:23 am

Sounds like the Div9, however, the helfury appears to have an upgrade...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Vickie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Vickie » Thu May 13, 2010 7:53 pm

you can also try an upgraded nova flow MK IV ( http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=272058&ql=200 )

how to make it:
http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... k=0&id=354
Sworn to Avenge. Condemn to hell. Tempt not the blade, All fear the Sentinels.

Vickie "Ladypz" Creehan President of Forsaken

Sorentia

Post by Sorentia » Wed May 19, 2010 1:16 am

Sovieta wrote:you can also try an upgraded nova flow MK IV ( http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=272058&ql=200 )

how to make it:
http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... k=0&id=354
I'd seriously advise against going that route. Have you seen the equip req's on those things? Really until you are nearing the end of your leveling they are not worth it, and most RK weapons will OD one of these upgrades on RK easily. About the only one of them I would imagine seeing much use is if you wanted to do a ranged energy purest soldier doing the Sleekmaster (or is it blaster...) duo'd with something else. Probley as Sloob Soldier using it along side a JCGPP/JPGPP. That way you can have burst/fling shot in one weapon with decent speed and moderate min damage.

Hell Fury, Hell Spinner (higher base damage, slower specials), Div 9, BBI Gyro is what I would recommend sticking with, in that order. Many people I see even hold onto that Neutrino Flash up to level 100. It's just such an amazingly effective gun for an RK weapon.

Sferykal

Post by Sferykal » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:15 pm

As usual, way to late for this, but for (halfway) completeness ... (Note: This info comes with "froob" as context; players with just SL or even all expansions have a number of good choices outlined in the soldier guide open to them).

I see a good number of players replace (or trying to replace) their Neutrino Flash with a Hellspinner. It usually doesn't work out as good as expected, because compared to the Neutrino Flash the Hellspinner is a "boring" weapon (small clip, long recharges on specials).

Div9 is indeed a decent replacement, but should be used, if possible, with a TIM scope (see Biomare guide). Personally I went with a Nova Flow MkIV (not upgraded), which is faster and thus offers the option of being used with a crit scope.

Similar to the Nova Flow MkIV, but without the Ranged Energy skill req, comes the MTI Cineration series of guns.

Other alternatives are the already mentioned BBI Gyro, Eradicator XCI-52 or the turnspirit assault rifles for omni/clan players: Spastic/Cooperator Assault Rifle, respective.

There is also the option to jump off from the Assault Rifle train and for example go with Blackbird guns.

Nova Flow MkIV and Eradicator XCI-52 can be rolled as mission reward.

Division 9, BBI Gyro and the MTI Cineration (latter only in available the range of QL165-175) are dynaboss drops, and Div9 + BBI Gyro drop also from mission bosses iirc.

Blackbird is dropped from the Cenobite Shadow mobs in CoH, Crypt of Home.

Don't use the normal Hellfury, it's much worse than the Neutrino Flash. Both Hellfury and Hellspinner can be upgraded, as said already, but the first upgrade (Boosted ~) increases the level lock from 71 to 175. The Nophex II gun follows step in the Nova Flow MkIV series and is dropped by the Notum Soldier (might be easier to let someone pick it up from GMS).