HELPHELPHELP

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

unluckykeep

HELPHELPHELP

Post by unluckykeep » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:49 am

im so fascinated with twinks and i just made a keeper that i want to try to twink on and i would like someone that is good at twinking help me plzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:41 am

What are you trying to equip?

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:05 am

I find that the art to being an awesome twink you have to excel in the following 3 skills:

1: AODB knowledge
2: Maths
3: Patience

unluckykeep

ok well i

Post by unluckykeep » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:22 pm

i have a new keeper i wanttotwink so can any of you plz help on the game the names Unluckykeep please and thank you!~

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:58 am

You can't just "Twink" you have to have some aim in mind as to what you want to twink on.

Look for some gear you want to twink on and break out the calculator.

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:11 am

My advice:

Start off by acquiring as much treatment and ability buffing items as you can. This will then help you towards the first step of twinking:

Symbiants and Implants:
You'll want to get as high as possible QL symbs/imps in before you start equipping armour/weapons, as these do not get effected by the over equipping feature. You will also need to go for a set of ability/treatment imps to help too. As a note though, be aware that it will start to become costly as you'll need to create custom implants.

Example: I created a TL5 Trader (lvl 174) twink with QL210 - 220 symbs and QL240ish imps, and in total it cost me around 800m to get all the items/symbs/imps etc to do it, as well as a lot of time spent farming some of the nodrop items + cash + the AI lvls needed too.

Once you are satisfied with the QL of your symbs and implants, you'll have probably gotten over the hardest hurdle. The better the symbs and imps you have in, the easier you'll be able to get decent armour and weapons on etc