Help!!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

thumbbite

Help!!

Post by thumbbite » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:47 pm

ive been trying to update Ao for a week now with no luck, i even tried reintalling but , when i use add remove programs the funcom games folder and all the Ao folders are still there , so i tried by doing it manually, but i keep getting a message cannot delete these files , make sure the drive is not full or write protected , it wont let me rename the file either and comes up with the same message , anyone out there know how i can delete the files so i can do a clean install, plain english please im not all that good with computers , im currently using windows xp , thanks from a desperate player

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:09 pm

Hmm, here is a trick I've learned over the years with XP.

If you are able to rename the Funcom folder, rename it to "Old Funcom" and then do a clean install.

The clean install should allow you to play the game.

As for deleting the old directory...

Reboot XP, at reboot press F8 and pick SAFE MODE. Once you are in your puter in safe mode try to delete the directory.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Tonopa

Post by Tonopa » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:33 am

This tool has helped clear some files - its freeware. YMMV.

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/