New to P2P client need help

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Second2_None

New to P2P client need help

Post by Second2_None » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:28 am

After playing AO for months as F2P a year ago, i stopped a couple toons Engineer 41 Soldier 47 and Enfo 59. Now I'm back and bought the full game w/ expansions. decided I wanted to start in shadowlands and have a BUNCH of questions. such as;

1. How does the research system work?

2. How do i get perks?

3. Joining an Org sounds a lot more important, how do i get in touch with an acive OMNI group?

4. Any other information that I haven't mentioned that isn't F2P knowledge would be extremely helpful... *not really a question i guess*

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:06 am

Ok

1. You assign a % of the xp you gain to be placed into research and select which research you want to be learning, you can learn all of them and the bonuses all stack they are not replaced by a higher level version

2. You gain 1 perk every 10 level untill 200 at which point you get 1 per level until 220 for a total of 40, you gain 1 alien perk per alien level you gain (via killing aliens.)

3. Im not sure what omni groups are active but ask around forums and in game and im sure you'll find one (im sure someone will post some after me such as omni-pol)

4. I'd read through the game manual from the Anarchy online website and peruse the guide pages for each expansion/booster on this site to see whats on offer, but thats not really an answer.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:58 am

Do not put ANYTHING on Global Research, that has already been completed by the community.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Re: New to P2P client need help

Post by Fourthaid » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Second2_None wrote:1. How does the research system work?
This guide explains the research system quite well. As Windguaerd says, all the Global Research has been finished so no need to concentrate on that.
Second2_None wrote:2. How do i get perks?
Casorinth explained it quite well already but to reiterate:
Shadowlands perks: 1 new perk per 10 levels (first perk is gained at level 10) until level 200. From 200+ you gain a new perk at each level.
Alien Invasion perks: 1 new perk per Alien Level, which you gain from killing aliens. Note that the max amount of alien levels depends on your actually level, details about that can be seen in this guide.
Second2_None wrote:3. Joining an Org sounds a lot more important, how do i get in touch with an acive OMNI group?
Check out Atlantean Recruitment and/or search through our Guild Database.
Second2_None wrote:4. Any other information that I haven't mentioned that isn't F2P knowledge would be extremely helpful... *not really a question i guess*
I suppose some other nice sites and AO resources could be handy, so here's a few links to some very nice AO sites and AO tools:

Auno - Item database, extremely handy.
AO Pocket - A site that lists most symbiants ingame and where to get them.
AOFroobs - Mostly caters to the froob portion of AO's playerbase, but has a lot of great information such as Miy's Armor, How to search using auno and many, many more. After all, Classic AO is the backbone of the game ;)
AOMaps - Made by the creators of AoRK and AoSL, my personal choices of maps for SHadowlands and Rubi-Ka :)
Nanolisting by SKill - Plot in your current nano skills, level and profession and see what nanos you can currently cast and other neat info.
Unity of the Rose's Agg/Def calculator - Know where to place your agg/def bar ^_^

In addition I would recommend making good use of Helpbot and Recipebot, two bots made by people from the AO community. To use them:

/tell helpbot help
/tell recipenet help

when ingame and it will display all the information required.

Otherwise, I can only recommend looking through our guides and have fun when playing :D

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm tired so I didn't actualy read a great deal, but remember, even if you had a lvl200 char before you upgraded, you would still have 20 SL perks to dish out to it... They are retro fitted to each character...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Second2_None

Post by Second2_None » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:12 am

thanks for the help and the info!! :) [/quote]