ClickSaver Frustrations

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

ryland

HELP ME PLEASE

Post by ryland » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:06 pm

I have DL'd CS, and Tried to run the .exe, and it asks me for the database directory, i've tried 30, or 40 different locations, and cannot find this alledged database, what do i choose? and is there a known issue? and if so whats the fix?
Thats MR SISTER to you!

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:43 pm

You need to give it the base directory of your AO install.

ryland

Post by ryland » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:56 am

and what is that?

can you provide me an example: my current directory for AO is: C:\Program Files\Anarchy Online
Thats MR SISTER to you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:26 am

Your AO install folder is the directory that ClickSaver is asking for :)

ryland

Post by ryland » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:50 am

k, can you be more descriptive? im cold, tired, and cant et this flipping thing to work
Thats MR SISTER to you!

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:03 am

When you run ClickSaver, it asks you "Please locate the AO directory". As you have already displayed where you installed AO, you know where to select :)

It will also say (the first time run) that the local AO items database is missing or outdated. You need to click CONTINUE for this to be fixed. Nothing is really broken, ClickSaver just needs a working database for which to do its searching.

If you are getting the message "Failed To Create Local Database" you need to make sure that you are running the version of Clicksaver 2.3.4 located here on AOU under Multimedia > Downloads > Tools.

There was an issue with the program after patch 18.1 that is fixed in the download located there.

Hope that helps :)