Vhabot Not Updating Org mates

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

chopticon07

Vhabot Not Updating Org mates

Post by chopticon07 » Fri May 29, 2009 6:51 am

I have had Vhabot for a while and with the new update thing where I had to replace the AoLib file or something .. well When I add new member to bot the cant even use it none of the commands work at all
idk whats wrong with it.. and Budabot and BeBot are too annoying to figure out.. Plzzz Can anyone help me.. I am also In game atm on Killzyoazz.. PST or reply to bulletin if u can help :D

Thank You
Stephani ^_^

Mawerick

Post by Mawerick » Fri May 29, 2009 4:59 pm

It could be related to the Peoples of Rubi-Ka site not getting updates since the server move.
In which case there's nothing anyone can do about it, until FC fixes it on their end.

chopticon07

Post by chopticon07 » Sat May 30, 2009 1:15 am

Aww darn it ><
It is annoying because new members cannot use bot... And I tried figuring out Budabot...but u need MySQL and I cannot figure out how in the heck tht works >< and Bebot just as annoying I am no computer wizz lol Idk what to do then about tht because now new ppl cannot even use the bot not even my new alt

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sat May 30, 2009 10:26 am

Have you tried manually adding the new members with "!members add <nickname>"? I know it's a lot of work and a hack, but might be the only way out until Funcom fixes their database, as Mawerick already mentioned.

chopticon07

Post by chopticon07 » Sat May 30, 2009 10:08 pm

Yea I tried that as well.. Did not work at all :( Well I got a new issue now.. I Will post it in general discussion... I got a Budabot to work

Cephus

Post by Cephus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:04 am

It's fixed now, but when FC did the recent server update, they changed all the port numbers and that threw off the reporting. Nobody in my org got updated for more than a week, but effective Friday, it was back up and running.

Sorry, but a week on something like that isn't acceptable FC. And you wonder why people are abandoning the game?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:15 am

Cephus wrote:It's fixed now, but when FC did the recent server update, they changed all the port numbers and that threw off the reporting. Nobody in my org got updated for more than a week, but effective Friday, it was back up and running.

Sorry, but a week on something like that isn't acceptable FC. And you wonder why people are abandoning the game?
FC does NOT support any 3rd party applications, this includes all the Org bots out there! They are under NO obligation whatsoever to 'make sure' that those things work as intended...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

chopticon07

Post by chopticon07 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 am

Cephus wrote:It's fixed now, but when FC did the recent server update, they changed all the port numbers and that threw off the reporting. Nobody in my org got updated for more than a week, but effective Friday, it was back up and running.

ok Well i did !roster update and it still did not work... says my toon is unknown and it cant use any of the bot features

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:18 am

The database site people.anarchy-online.com seems to be having some issues right now. Try running a roster update when that web site doesn't take ages to load.

chopticon07

Post by chopticon07 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:57 am

Uragon wrote:The database site people.anarchy-online.com seems to be having some issues right now. Try running a roster update when that web site doesn't take ages to load.
Ok i will try... I even Have budabot.. which I cannot figure out how in the world to use at all. I have WAMPSERVER and it says its online? it has MySQLand PHP.. So I dont understand why Budabot wont update org either i am trying to see which bot will fix first >< my head may explode... If anyone can help me please!! send me and In Game /tell to /tell Ubahkillz i am on RK1 server idk if tht matters or not.. itd getting frustraationg for all ppl in the org

Vhab
Forum Troll

Post by Vhab » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:26 pm

The most effective method for getting support is asking on the VhaBot forum (forums.vhabot.net) instead of here.
Non of the current maintainers frequent this forum.

[[End of service message]]

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:46 pm

Vhab wrote:The most effective method for getting support is asking on the VhaBot forum (forums.vhabot.net) instead of here.

Appart from this one aparently...
Links would be good...

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:41 pm

As far as I can see, he did link it. Oh, and I think Vhab retired from development, he's now a full time forum troll. :)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:58 am

Aaah, I see it...

forums.vhabot.net

Vhab
Forum Troll

Post by Vhab » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:04 pm

Snakebite wrote:
Vhab wrote:The most effective method for getting support is asking on the VhaBot forum (forums.vhabot.net) instead of here.

Appart from this one aparently...
Links would be good...
I got a PM on this forum and luckily I had e-mail notification enabled.
Else I probably would never have noticed.

And yes, I retired :)