So who ignored the warning?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Scarwound5

So who ignored the warning?

Post by Scarwound5 » Thu May 28, 2009 6:23 pm

When you spend points in map nav, you can't reset it so it is advised that you don't do it.

But has anyone ignored this warning and spended points in map nav?

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Thu May 28, 2009 9:53 pm

most people pre SL did, I'm guessing a lot of froobs too, seeing as its next to impossible to get 700 map nav without spending IP, for those certain high req maps.

This is something that has been widely discussed on the AO forums, and FC is hoping to change in the next patch or 2

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu May 28, 2009 11:29 pm

I have points in MapNav in about my first 3 or 4 characters (these include my 2 mains), but not a great deal, basicaly just a few to get that elusive 'enemies' upgrade in that little bit earlier lol.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Fri May 29, 2009 12:19 am

yeah ppl tended to dump a few IP in to get the upgrades early on. I know I slapped a few IP in my main pre lvl 100. None of my Alts have spent IP in it though

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Fri May 29, 2009 8:28 am

Personally, I'm wondering why Funcom isn't using a slightly harsher version of overequipping on ingame maps. Along the lines of maps getting disabled when you don't currently have the required skill for a certain playfield map. But who knows what exactly will be coming with the next patch.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri May 29, 2009 3:52 pm

Actualy, if you read the descriptions for MapNav, it actualy says the higher your MapNav the more detail you will see on the PF maps...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sat May 30, 2009 10:34 am

Yes, but there is a lot of stuff in game and in the database that never made it actually into the game. You know, like organization disadvantages (to lower the cost of owning organization advantages (now contracts), or some really fun Fixer nanos. I liked the concept of the one that was supposed to allow you to walk through locked doors. :wink: