whare to buy ql 30 yalm if not a vetran.

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Scarwound5

whare to buy ql 30 yalm if not a vetran.

Post by Scarwound5 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:04 pm

Where can I found the 5mil ql30 yalm as a fr00b?

And what is the % it will appear.

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Tue May 26, 2009 9:55 pm

you can buy them in the vehicle stores in Rome Green + Blue and prolly in Ent near the whompa. As to %, no idea its a case of run in, check, run out wait for 3min shop reset (and hope no-one enters), and then try again.

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Tue May 26, 2009 10:24 pm

basically any of the low ql special stores around RK have a chance of selling them, but your gonna probably spend a fair amount of time searching or hoping stores will reset.

In ye olde times people used to announce if they saw the low ql 5mil yalm for sale and generally set up a store place holder for a while so people could go nab one, unfortunatly not many people bother buying yalms these days, opting for vet/jetbikes instead

Niodemus
AOU Content Editor

Post by Niodemus » Wed May 27, 2009 7:00 pm

Extending Scene's list.... you should look at the special / commerce shops in
- Rome Green / Blue (watch your faction!)
- Omni Entertainment (watch your faction!)
- Borealis
- Newland
- Harry's (haven't seen Omni guards there, area is Omni aligned though if I remember right)
- Old Athen (watch your faction!)
- Tir (watch your faction!)

hm... actually I don't remember more, but that list should keep you busy running at lower levels, while the shops hopefully get a content cycle.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Thu May 28, 2009 8:48 am

Isn't it faster to find an empty shop and camp in front of it, going inside every two or three minutes? I think they recycle rather fast when empty. Or is that only general stores?

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Thu May 28, 2009 10:09 am

empty stores reset every 2-3mins yes. non-empty reset every 20-30mins iirc

Niodemus
AOU Content Editor

Post by Niodemus » Thu May 28, 2009 6:33 pm

empty shop GS recycle in those 2-3 minutes, filled shop GS cycles in the mentioned 20 minutes and someone touching the according shop resets the cycle timer back to 20 minutes.
Running between the shops creates some activity instead of just digging in the nose or stuff ;) Also increases the chance to find the quality you actually want, if you run rounds between 2-4 shops.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Re: whare to buy ql 30 yalm if not a vetran.

Post by Windguaerd » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Scarwound5 wrote:Where can I found the 5mil ql30 yalm as a fr00b?

The lowest QL is 81, not 30.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Re: whare to buy ql 30 yalm if not a vetran.

Post by Ukblizzard » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:31 pm

Windguaerd wrote:
Scarwound5 wrote:Where can I found the 5mil ql30 yalm as a fr00b?

The lowest QL is 81, not 30.
Lowest QL is 30, with lowest Vehicle Air requirement of 81.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Oh bleh, you right, I just woke up, bleh bleh!
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Cephus

Post by Cephus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:02 am

If you're clan, they're often available at the Luxury Shop in OA, third terminal from the left. It's something you have to keep on checking over and over and over, go in, look, if there's nothing there, come back the next time you pass the shop. It might take a couple of days but you will get one. Also, watch the OOC channels, some orgs like mine will hold open QL30 yalms and announce it over the OOC channels, when someone holds them open, run and get one. The same is likely also true of Borealis and Rome on the Omni side.

If you happen to find a QL30 yalm, be a pal and hold it open as long as you can and announce it so that everyone who wants one can go get one. Play nice with everyone and everyone will play nice with you.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:19 am

Cephus wrote:If you happen to find a QL30 yalm, be a pal and hold it open as long as you can and announce it so that everyone who wants one can go get one. Play nice with everyone and everyone will play nice with you.
Agreed, if you find one, keep it open with your character, then log (make one & run it out if you have to) an alt to just leave there holding it open. Shout it out on OOC every now & again, hell, if you can, leave it holding the terminal all night while you sleep (for days if you want to!).
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!