Weapon upgrade refresher question

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

castagere

Weapon upgrade refresher question

Post by castagere » Thu May 07, 2009 11:10 pm

I just want to make sure i remember this right. Ql.lvl just means what lvl the weapon is. What you should be concerned about is your attack rating and the weapons mbs right?

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Fri May 08, 2009 3:19 am

Personally I just go for the highest ql I can of a gun I know is good, I only check the rest of it when comparing guns of equal ql.

But seeing as each profession only really has 2-3 different gun choices that people actually use these days...

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Re: Weapon upgrade refresher question

Post by Fourthaid » Fri May 08, 2009 1:58 pm

castagere wrote:What you should be concerned about is your attack rating and the weapons mbs right?
Among some things, yep

Other things to take note of is of course:

Damage range (and crit) - Keep in mind that most SL mobs have huge ACs making you hit mostly for min damage once you get to Elysium.
Attack/recharge, always important. A weapon could have a great MBS as well as damage range, but have a 10s attack speed making it fairly useless.

But as Casorinth mentions... Most professions have very "few" weapons that they actually use, some more than others. This is especially true for expansion players