Returning player: Where to buy implants, weapons, etc?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

cyberbird

Returning player: Where to buy implants, weapons, etc?

Post by cyberbird » Tue May 05, 2009 3:24 pm

I quit playing 5 years ago and I now back to play again.

I remember that they were shops where you can buy implants but now I can't find any.

I'm playing on ShadowLands.

I remember that getting items on AO was always almost impossible because there're too many shops and everything is random on the shops so you must have very good luck to find a good item.
Right now my biggest problem is to find implants because my old character has bad implants (I was lucky that it has nice weapons from the days that I was on a guild and got the weapons and armor from the guild).

The luck of normal trade system like on other games is sucks.

Typo

Post by Typo » Wed May 06, 2009 6:25 pm

You need to go to rubi-ka for your implants. Go to any main city like rome, borealis, athens, and go to the basic store. There are pre-built implants for all professions.

You can find blank implants up to ql 125 in shops, after that you need to mission for them or get them as drops.

Cephus

Post by Cephus » Sat May 09, 2009 10:45 pm

There are programs out there that will help you decide what kinds of implants you might want on your toon, look at the download section on the left. Once you have a shopping list, go into the Implant section of any basic shop, find the store corresponding to your profession and look around. Get the highest QL implant you can handle. When you're out on missions, keep your eyes out for better QL implants or implants that are better suited for your style of play and install them. Ideally, your imps should be 10-20 levels ahead of your own, for instance my current level 50 fixer has almost all QL70 imps, as he grows, so do the imps. You can also buy empty imps and components and either build them yourselves or find someone to do it for you, there is almost always someone advertising in the OOC channel to build imps, sometimes for free, sometimes for a charge.