kinda new............... a few questions.

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

cooksey

kinda new............... a few questions.

Post by cooksey » Sat May 02, 2009 2:56 am

i have my apartment now but when i went in it was blank i mean just white walls and air. are there any things i can buy and put in my apartment?

2. i am a lvl 21 solder so in 4 lvl's i get kicked out of subway( im omni by the way) are there any other dunguns near rome i can go to?

hi, bye and thanks!!!

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat May 02, 2009 4:21 am

1/ Yes, you can buy stuff for your appartment in one (or both) of the shops either side of the jobe whoompah in rome, not sure which one tho (I'm Clan :wink: ).
You can also buy some stuff from Uncle Bazzits terminals in MMD... But they are very expensive from him!

2/ The usual next step is The Temple of the Winds, located in Tir County, you can access it easily from a guy in Rome, from the jobe whoompah turn left, then turn left again, he's at the dead end there... with the portal behind him, give him 1000creds & he will give you a portal pass which is reusable...
WATCH OUT FOR TRAINED MOBS IN THERE!!!
This is about normal for the temple lol.

P.S. Don't forget simple missions from the mission terminals...!
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Niodemus
AOU Content Editor

Post by Niodemus » Sat May 02, 2009 11:08 am

Additional reason to do missions: You have a chance on finding some furniture for your appartment there too.

Else Snakebite already gave a very good reply.... not too much but all necessary :wink:

Nio

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sat May 02, 2009 11:14 am

Hi Cooksey, are you a fr00b or do you have expansions? If you have SL, then the Nasence questlines might also be something to look into.

Also, the items you can pick up from the Jobe Backyard might be interesting for you. Especially the smart backpack.

cooksey

Post by cooksey » Sat May 02, 2009 2:34 pm

im froob. also im looking for a good energy ammo rifle any idea's?

Cephus

Post by Cephus » Tue May 05, 2009 3:47 am

Unfortunately, I've always found the apartments to be a big waste of time. What's the point of decorating them if nobody else can ever see them? What's the point of having them if nobody can ever come over? You can't even use them as a place to stash extra stuff.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Tue May 05, 2009 9:59 am

But you can invite other people to your apartment. Just make sure you're teamed with them, have team lead and enter first.

Saboru

Post by Saboru » Fri May 15, 2009 10:56 pm

I never really use my apartment. I think my credits are better spent on weapons, armor, etc.
- Saboru
{-Rome Praetorian Guard-}
[Omni-Tek] [Rimor]

Cephus

Post by Cephus » Mon May 18, 2009 2:08 am

That seems entirely ridiculous though that you have to drag people into your apartment. The only thing I use mine for is logging off in once in a while, otherwise it's just a waste of space.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Mon May 18, 2009 8:52 am

I bet you're a "the glass is half empty" kind of guy. :wink:

Cephus

Post by Cephus » Tue May 19, 2009 11:20 pm

No, I'm a practical kind of guy. You can't use your apartment for storing anything, it might be useful if you could leave backpacks full of stuff there, but you can't. All of the available furniture is useless, it's plants and pictures and stuff like that, there's nothing that can be functionally used and the amount of modification you can do is pretty much zilch. There's really no reason to have anyone come over so you can show off your useless furniture, you don't need a quiet place to talk or anything like that. I suppose an apartment could be useful for roleplaying purposes, or at least it would be more useful if you could really decorate it, but you can't. It might be useful if you couldn't save or log off without being in it, but that's not the case either.

It's a potential good idea with very bad implementation.

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Wed May 20, 2009 7:19 am

You can decorate it if you use some of that "useless" furniture.
I got pictures, sofa, table, a bar, stereo, carpets, lamps and so on
I often have people in my apartment, so it's not useless for me atleast.
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency