Comeback, Help with server and support class

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Akozz

Comeback, Help with server and support class

Post by Akozz » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:09 pm

Hello

I want to comeback to AO after 3y. I have 91lvl enfo on RK1 but im thinking about making new one. Because my old enfo was not to good, I didn't know to much about AO when I've created him.

So, my first question. What server should I pick ? RK1 or RK2 ? I have to say that I play alone most of the time, so pick up teams and some players who could sell me items or buff are welcome.

( EDIT: I will play Omni )

And my second question. I have acc with NW, SL and AI already, but I want to make free acc as support. I want to make two characters there, trader for buffing my main chara and maybe Metaphys who will follow my Enf wit heal pets. What breed they should be ? Solitus or nano ? They don't have to be uber tough kill machines. I want them to get soem useful nanos so they could help my enfo in mid game.

EDIT:

I will run support character on second PC if that does any matter, eg. how efficiently can I controll him

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:27 am

Why not just spend an hour or two to try out the community on both servers beforehand? I'm personally biased towards RK1 as I'm currently leading one of the oldest (if not THE oldest) organizations on Atlantean. Omni-Pol protects!

As for free support characters, with your requirements I'd suggest to make them nanobreed. There's a lot of "unique" buffing gear for them which allows them to cast/equip things much earlier, especially if it's Intelligence/Psychic or nanoskill based.

Akozz

Post by Akozz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:07 am

I heard that there is very few players on RK1 and most of them are old high level players or they alts and its hard to get pick up team. But I don't know if tjat is true. If so it might be easier to play on RK2, but I think my old characters are on RK1 wit some useful stuff and creds. Hmmmmm :?

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:21 am

RK1 is currently the default starting server, so there should be enough low level players to team with. Also, teaming with alts of higher level mains is not a bad thing... quite often this can be a huge help in finding your ground again and progressing successfully with your character.

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:50 pm

Akozz wrote:I heard that there is very few players on RK1 and most of them are old high level players or they alts and its hard to get pick up team.
Thats just lies and propaganda propagated by those fiends on dim 2 ;)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:51 pm

RK2 Rules... That's why RK1 is default now, RK2 is too popular...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Akozz

Post by Akozz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:24 pm

Casorinth wrote:
Akozz wrote:I heard that there is very few players on RK1 and most of them are old high level players or they alts and its hard to get pick up team.
Thats just lies and propaganda propagated by those fiends on dim 2 ;)
Snakebite wrote: RK2 Rules... That's why RK1 is default now, RK2 is too popular...

Hahaha now im confused :D

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:11 pm

RK2 was the default server for well over 2 years, as such RK1 population did suffer for quite some time before FunCom actually recognized the stagnating population on Atlantean.

The last few months (I believe?) RK1 has been default server again and with it it has brought a lot of new players to the server, though it will take quite some time I would guess before RK1 is back at the RK2-level of players atleast at the endgame part.

But we're all pretty much going to be biased with that particular question so I would suggest you check out both dimensions a bit before making your final choice. There's plenty of good people on both servers ;)

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:26 pm

I actually play all dimensions (darn character limits) but yeah, there all pretty much the same except DNW, which is hard to play on if you don't know german ?é?¼_?é?¼

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:30 pm

Casorinth wrote:I actually play all dimensions (darn character limits) but yeah, there all pretty much the same except DNW, which is hard to play on if you don't know german ?é?¼_?é?¼
I also play on DNW from time to time & apart from being able to order beer & various sausage & find the train station, my German isn't good either...
However, if you speak clearly & use good English grammar, most of the people over there will work out what you mean.

Also, use bable fish or another translator & make some scripted macros to help you out, then when you find a good English speaking German, ask them nicely if they translate properly & get corrections if they don't...
I have about 5 very nicely worded scripts for playing over there from this system! :D
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!