Old newb come back.

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Cheese(Adalator)

Old newb come back.

Post by Cheese(Adalator) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Hai guys.
I used to play AO but then I stopped playing for some random reason and the official AO forums won't accept my username and password for some reason :/.(I did update them on my funcom account)
I only got my advy to level 36 then went trying all the other characters out, got sick of newbie island, then got bored or something O_O.

I'm picking up with this advy again (He is an Omni by the way) but I've used up all my resets since i found i had spent IP on stuff I didn't even need :shock: .

So rawr. Any tips or anything to getting back into the game?
Thanks, Cheese.
RAWR

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:08 pm

Hiya,

Sometimes it can take a while for the Official Forums to recognise your username and password set via your account page. Give it an hour or so and try again. Worst case you can always contact Funcom support and see if they can help you!

If you are only level 36 and have already used up your resets, well.. it isnt the best situation in the world, and if you arent too attached to your character it might be a reasonable suggestion to reroll. With adventurers you have a really nice choice of what you want to do with your character, lacking in flexibility from the resets might hinder you further down the road unless you have been really thoughtful in where you have reallocated IP now.

Find a good guild (*cough* Omni-Pol are recruiting level 25+ Omnis and we are quite active in your time zone *cough* ) / group of friends, it will enhance game play for you and make things much nicer all round especially if you have questions. Take a look at the guides we have in the knowledge section, particularly ones which are level focussed as they might help you regain your barings.

Also, come back and ask questions if you have any!

Best wishes,

Ukblizzard

Cheese(Adalator)

Post by Cheese(Adalator) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:23 pm

I have already been looking for a position in I've got your back, but I don't see many of their members on often, so I may just look into Omni-pol.
Trouble is, I can't be bothered with newb island. And subway is also a really annoying grind. So I'm going to stick with my advy for a while
Thanks, Cheese.(My character is adalatoradv in-game :P )
RAWR

Cheese(Adalator)

Post by Cheese(Adalator) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:37 pm

Wow, no offense but omni-pol seems fairly.. strict.
I don't really like the idea of an alliance like this, I prefer open armed, family welcomes everybody alliances. Not really wanting into something that will take me 96 hours to register as a basic applicant and also require me to have a reason other than I was simply looking for an org to join :/.
And departments? What if I just wanna have fun and join the org in PvP when I'm ready? Maybe not my type of org, sorry.(sorry for double post too)
RAWR

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:21 pm

That's ok, you are welcome to your opinion!! We prefer the way we do things because then we make sure everyone who joins knows what we are about and we know what they are expecting before we invite someone and find that we are the chalk to their cheese ;)

Good luck sticking with your adventurer, I am afraid you might find things that are far more annoying to "grind" than the Shuttleport Island and Subway, in comparison those two places are quite quick to go through!

Please post again if you have any questions.

- Ukblizzard

Cheese(Adalator)

Post by Cheese(Adalator) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Sorry for that post yesterday, I was feeling stressed. I see that Omni-pol is aimed at roleplayers and likes to be a bit 'realistic according to the storyline thingy'. I've joined the black brigade now and i found a team at ToTW and got to level 37. YAY. I'm building up my 1HE to upgrade one of my SOL executioners to this shiny phase blade in my inventory :D .
There should be some system that makes it easier to get a team, teams make AO much more fun.
Thanks, Cheese.
RAWR

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:19 pm

It really is ok :)

Hope you are really happy in your new organisation and that you settle in fast. Congratulations also on your level, I wish you many more of those!!

Take care

- Ukblizzard

Typo

Post by Typo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:56 pm

Cheese(Adalator) wrote:.....
There should be some system that makes it easier to get a team, teams make AO much more fun.
Thanks, Cheese.
There is a looking for team interface. Press Shift F in the game to pull it up

Cheese(Adalator)

Post by Cheese(Adalator) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:04 pm

I know but no-one uses it.. it just sits down there all alone in its little corner..
Maybe there should be a thingie to bring it back to life?
RAWR

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:38 am

That's why we tend to run our organization quite *uhm* organized. My main source for teams tends to be from things scheduled in advance on our forums. In my opinion, Funcom shouldn't have scrapped the LFT chat groups when they designed the LFT interface.

At lower level ranges, it's just not very filled. Never was, and most likely never will be. At least it didn't turn into a pseudo-shopping channel. Half the people that are on LFT at high levels just want to buy/sell things. :?

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:52 pm

I have to say, i've never really had a problem finding a team with the LFT window, sometimes it takes a while but usually can find something to do..

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Uragon wrote:In my opinion, Funcom shouldn't have scrapped the LFT chat groups when they designed the LFT interface.
I have to agree with you on this one.. Though from playing a few neutral toons, it seems that a lot clans use their OOC channels for this very purpose.. I rarely, if ever, see omnis use it in the same fashion :)

Cephus

Post by Cephus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:04 pm

Quilluck wrote:
Uragon wrote:In my opinion, Funcom shouldn't have scrapped the LFT chat groups when they designed the LFT interface.
I have to agree with you on this one.. Though from playing a few neutral toons, it seems that a lot clans use their OOC channels for this very purpose.. I rarely, if ever, see omnis use it in the same fashion :)
I virtually never just turn on /lft in order to find a team, I always go, first to my clan OOC channel, then to the general clan OOC channel and rarely ever have a problem finding a team going where I'm going. It might be interesting to put in a LFT channel again, especially for mid-range characters who seem to be having the biggest problems. When you're running Subway or TOTW, there are always tons of people sitting outside to team with. When you get up and are running borgs or Foremans... that's a different matter.