Greetings

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Trower

Greetings

Post by Trower » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:09 pm

Hello all, allow me to introduce myself. I've played many MMO's for years. I'm a semi-new player of AO, started about 2 months ago and I've been using this website for a lot of my info, but just registered here today. My main character is Trower, 80 Fixer and I nearly always 2-box with Rowyn, 80 Adv, both Omni. I figured it'd be just as easy to get exp for 2 toons at the same time, and in reality it's easier, Fixer/Adv turned out to be a great combo. I pretty much always solo, although I wouldn't mind joining a decent org (mature players, one that doesn't invite just anybody). I've also made several other toons to try them out... Eng, NT, Soldier, Doc, MA, Trader etc. Some of them were just made for buffs and tradeskills, but I think I like the Eng and NT best, out of my back-up characters.
Anywho, I just wanted to pop in and say Hi to the community, see ya in RK1!

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:14 am

Well, always nice to see new players, it's one of the things that's keeping this game alive...

Don't be afraid to use the OOC channel to ask stupid questions in, you'll get some wierd answers sometimes but there's plenty of helpful players out there.

If you get an ARK coming to 'greet' you, ask them as many questions as you can think of (they won't answer 'spoiler' questions, but all sorts of technical/game questions are good (make them work for it lol)).
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:46 am

Welcome aboard, matey! Hoist thar mainsails, yarr!

Always great to see new players that enjoy the game flopping about :) Makes me almost nostalgic to when everything was new and shiny in the game and every little nook and cranny of Ka had to explored just to see what was there :D

As Snakebite says, don't afraid to ask questions in the OOC channel, there might be some people that for some strange reason find it hilarious to bug new players. But never fear, there's always gonna be such players in any MMO, just act in a mature manner and ask your questions and most likely you will get answers :) If not, there's always these forums.

With regards to an org.. I would definitely recommend checking out some orgs, the best way to experience the game is with friends and having some friends around to pester with questions is never a bad thing :D

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:59 am

Welcome to AO (and more importantly the AOU website!!! )

We have a guild database located in the navigation to the left under Multimedia. Maybe you will find a guild that suits you there :) Although perhaps you would be interested in Omni-Pol (shameless self promotion). There is a link in my sig to our website! We take new applicants from Omni citizens level 25+

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:00 pm

maturity is our middle name :P (shmeless plug #2)