Just upgraded to SL. Problems.

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

chrisb2244

Post by chrisb2244 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:08 am

Erm I have a very similar problem. I upgraded my account from froob to sloob, and could use perks etc in RK

I was using the full client before i upgraded, some strange textures i hadnt had in the small client in TOTW, so possibly messed up install? but now I can sometimes get into Jobe and sometimes not. My main character is now on the Jobe platform, and whilst i have once or twice managed to log in to the jobe area and use one of the portals, most of the time i get the message

Unable to find the playfield data! [40016:4248371]

thing. I have tried reinstalling a couple of times, can still use the client fine on characters in RK, but SL is mostly crashing out. Don't understand why it works sometimes but not others, any ideas would be much appreciated :D

thanks,

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:33 am

Ok, that looks like a job for /petition...

Or even an E-Mail to techsupport@anarchy-online.com
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

chrisb2244

Post by chrisb2244 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:31 am

Think I may have solved this...

When i open AO using the Anarchy.exe file, as default sent to my desktop, I cannot use the SL playfields without crashing. However, I am able to use the AnarchyPatcher.exe and log on without problems. One possible reason may be that the patcher uses administrator rights for vista.

Hope this can help anyone else with the same problem, if not, think it has at least solved mine.

Thanks