New Guy, with questions.

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:10 pm

Ukblizzard wrote:try pressing

shift and \

at the same time
Just an FYI:

Depending on your layout the button might be different

For me that would be mean;
Shift + |

Basically the button next to 1 :)

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:26 pm

Ahh mines the button next to Y ... but I have a German keyboard set to English language.. so it could be anything :p

kraizer793

Post by kraizer793 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:39 pm

I have just a standard keyboard, numpad, F1-12 keys. whatever. so, the \ key? or the ~ key?

EDIT: I remember using an item yesterday, please jog my memory on how to use items (healthkits, drinks, etc)

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Try both, depends what it is set to in your settings I would imagine :)

With regards to using items, usually you target yourself and then click the item.. or press the corresponding number you have it in in your quick bar.

With heal kits, you have to sit down to use them.

kraizer793

Post by kraizer793 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:26 pm

Ok, I got items working. thanks.

As for my GUI, it's really odd. Take a look, my items at the botom are gone. yet I have a new bar top right on my right-side menu panel.
[img]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn12 ... eenie1.jpg[/img]
If it's not fixable, would someone be so kind as to copy their default GUI folder?

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Seems odd.. have you perhaps been fiddling in the f10 setup?

The only thing I can think of that might've made that disappear would be that, especially since the shortcut key Ukblizzard mentioned should make the side panel on the rightside disappear as well..

Press f10 and go to GUI - Control Center

and make sure that "Enable Control Center" is checked, as well as "Show Left Bar" and "Show Right Bar".

edit:

on further inspection I can see that the target can be seen in the bottom left...

if the first solution doesnt work go into the f10 menu again and this time go to GUI - Fading and make sure that the two first options ("Control center low fade" and "Control center high fade" doesn't have 0% )

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Yes, there definately has been some playing around in the F10 settings, I know this because ignoring everything else, you don't get the 'Mini Toolbar' as a standad 'already on' option...

Press F10...
GUI...
Control Centre...

There are now lots of little check boxes, put a tick in them in this order...

tick...
tick...
notick...
tick...
notick...
notick...
notick...
tick...
notick...
all the rest ticked...

That will get you the setup I use (you will find your own settings soon...), should work for you
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

kraizer793

Post by kraizer793 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:12 am

I hadn't played in the F10 menu, I had installed a "soldiertech" gui skin from ao's forums. I decided to uninstall due to the fact the CPanel is up top right. I didnt like it too much. so, I simply uninstalled it. apparently it didn't undo the values that the ST skin had changed. That IS the control panel up top on the right hand toolbar.

so what is it? alt-shift-f10?

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:25 am

When you reinstalled the default GUI, how did you do it?

Did you simply go into the Settings on the launcher and click "Set default"? Or did you extract the default GUI back into the game folder? Cause if you did not extract the default GUI back it might still be missing a few key components.

Try downloading the Clean GUI and see if that helps.

kraizer793

Post by kraizer793 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:10 am

Well, that seemingly worked. thanks.

Is there a way i can get an extension on my bank account :l I got lost out behind Appartment Complex 1 in athens, and only a lvl 8, so. I had to deal with about 3 gator things. lizards, whatever. got a ton of armor, guns, ammo, nano crystals, etc.

What can I store in my appartment? I cant drop items, I cant let anyone else in, is there any point other than lag-free tradeskilling? :D

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:22 am

kraizer793 wrote:What can I store in my appartment? I cant drop items, I cant let anyone else in, is there any point other than lag-free tradeskilling? :D
The apartment is mostly only for RPing purposes.. You can drop furniture and such in the apartment, but in general very few make use of it.

You can get visitors though.. Simply invite someone to your team and have your apartment key in your main inventory and they can enter. (Note that you have to be team lead)

kraizer793

Post by kraizer793 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:01 pm

ok, one not so minor problem. I can't see how much credits. I'll tr the F10 thing above now.

Edit. feel free to add me to friends. same name as username. kraizer793. It'd be quicker/easier to communicate in my opinion.