A few noob questions...

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

kcfalcon

A few noob questions...

Post by kcfalcon » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:26 am

I'm very new to the game and have a few questions regarding my soldier...

1. Are the following skills: Grenade, Sharp Objects, Heavy Weapons, and
Aimed Shot, important to a soldier...or does a soldier every use these?

2. I know it's been discussed before about the best breed for soldier...but here is what I'd like to know...Is the extra strength and stamina of the atrox a better advantage than the solitus ability to equip better implants and stuff? Also is one better for pvp or pvm? Are there any other significant points of difference that I should know?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:46 am

Re 1.: For a newcomer, no. Some of these skills have a use (Sharp Objects, Aimed Shot) for the experienced player looking for just that little bit of added PvP punch, but essentially that's about it.

Re 2.: If you build your implants to be based on Str/Sta, you could actually get higher level implants on as an Atrox soldier than Solitus. Things in AO are very fine shades of grey. I know the breed choice is the biggest decision in making or breaking your character, as well as one of the few that can't be undone unless you reroll your character. But there simply is no easy answer.

If I had to give a simple answer myself, it would be: Go with what you'd like your character to be... Want to be a big, undestroyable but slightly dumb brute that comes out as the last one standing in a fight? Roll an Atrox. Prefer to be good at everything? Solitus is the choice for you. And so on, and so on.

Scoopx
AOU Reporter

Post by Scoopx » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:22 pm

Here's a little something you might want to look at... It's the soldier guide that is here on our website....

Soldier Guide
And now You know!

Roger "Scoopx" Johnson
Cub-Reporter for Rubi-Ka Times
Neutral Division
[img]http://www.scene-and-heard.com/ao/sigs/sig_scoopx.jpg[/img]