PvP Activity

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Are you active in PvP?

Yes
19%
No
34%
Sometimes
47%

Total votes: 47

Totenmacher

PvP Activity

Post by Totenmacher » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:56 pm

Had a few ideas, but here's a quick, informal survey to see if there is enough interest first.

1. Do you actively participate in some form of PvP (Notum Wars, Battle Station, City PvP, etc.), and if so, which form(s)?

1a. If you do, what do you like most and least about PvP in AO?

1b. If you do not, what are the 3 biggest reasons why?

2. If more information was available regarding the various forms of PvP in AO, would that be of interest to you?

2a. If so, which forms of PvP would you like more information on?

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:05 pm

Made your questions part of a new site poll, hope that helps you get some feedback!!

Totenmacher

Post by Totenmacher » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Thank you :)

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:36 pm

I only really BS PvP if I've grown weary farming LE mishes for VP, and even then its very rare (although I have been working on a TL5 twink)

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:17 am

Too many people take pvp far too seriously...

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:14 am

I don't pvp.
All my VP I get from LE missions
Tried a few times many years ago, but it was pretty boring.
I don't like attacking other players. It's as simple as that.
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:10 am

I'm not really playing PvP either. If some tower site is attacked, sure i'll help.
But PvP on a regular basis is nothing for me. Mostly because i don't have the nerves nor want to spend the time doing all this twinkage required to beat people (who do that).
Besides i play mostly support classes, who happen to be a primary target always i feel :P

Weeping Willow

Re: PvP Activity

Post by Weeping Willow » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Totenmacher wrote: 1. Do you actively participate in some form of PvP (Notum Wars, Battle Station, City PvP, etc.), and if so, which form(s)?
err, yes I do ... at least I try :)
I do towers, some BS and some duels, not much "city pvp" except scuicidal attempt to root 220 clanners at TG (I m a leve l182 froob fixer :) )
Totenmacher wrote: 1a. If you do, what do you like most and least about PvP in AO?
most : different game than pvm, different "game speed" than pvm and love for twinking.

least : the bad reputaion (sometime deserved) that the "pvpers" ... I have almost never recieved a hate tell from a real pvper ... (and when I did, it was realy fun ... )

Totenmacher wrote: 2. If more information was available regarding the various forms of PvP in AO, would that be of interest to you?
What I realy think is a pain is the need to log a toon in a certain range to see if a BS is actualy running or not ...
I would love to have the information like :
TL5 : running atm X in omni Q, Y in clan Q.
50-74 : not running : lacking x in omni, y in clan ..
etc etc
Totenmacher wrote:2a. If so, which forms of PvP would you like more information on?
your website on towers is already pretty nice :)
I wonder fi you could come up with something for BS ...

Dameliix

Post by Dameliix » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:25 am

1. I do BS on my (gimp) tl5 advie as much as possible. Then I do pvp with my (again, gimp) 74 fixer. Never done towers but I quess I should. BS is fun when there is people to fight and run away from =). City pvp of course is my second hobby. I have a lvl5 pump trader for it.

1a. I find lowbie pvp (about levels 1-15) the most fun. Only problem is that there is not ANY pvp company except for like 1 day in the week.
The least I like is tl3 pvp cause of the overpowered 1h edge enfos.

2. Nah.

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Re: PvP Activity

Post by Fourthaid » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:23 am

Totenmacher wrote: 1. Do you actively participate in some form of PvP (Notum Wars, Battle Station, City PvP, etc.), and if so, which form(s)?
From time to time, I do try to help out fellow omlets and friends that are being attacked if I have a character in range, I do the occasional BS if I am bored or nothing else is going on, City PvP i've not done too much of and, at least when I'm around, seems to be rather dead compared to how it was before I got an interest in PvP.
Totenmacher wrote: 1a. If you do, what do you like most and least about PvP in AO?
Most: Something different, it is not just Q+specials+perks and stand completely still and do nothing too amazingly difficult (the occasional raid/team encounter being an exception) You need to know the strengths and weaknesses of your character to a whole new degree and be prepared for various offensive tools that can be potentially used on you by other players.

Least: The few times when it does live up to its (in my opinion) bad reputation. Be it smacktalking, spawncamping, sploiting, etc. I'm also not a big fan of how so much of AO's pvp is centered around zerging.
Totenmacher wrote: 2. If more information was available regarding the various forms of PvP in AO, would that be of interest to you?
Perhaps not to ME, but I am sure there are things I do not know either. However having some basic guides on AOU on where you can find PvP, what level ranges are most active, guidelines, unwritten rules, mechanics in Notum Wars, etc would surely be useful for those that are interested in it but not quite sure what it entails or how to go about taking part in it.
Totenmacher wrote: 2a. If so, which forms of PvP would you like more information on?
Think I covered this in the last answer actually, hehe :)

rodoc

Post by rodoc » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:34 pm

I like to PvP but im tired of teh BS map :/ and I play 220 doc =agg magnet

thing that I hate most is that once u have a lot of players it gets real laggy and makes one's reflexes go to waste,other then that i enjoy under 10 players in the fight.also ganking towers just for som1 to show for a fight wen im bored

McEagle

Post by McEagle » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:33 am

*nOOb mode*

Whoot is PvP ??!! xD

Never had the interest
Gaylene "Mceagle" Orbin,
Omni Tek Employee, Married to Joe Studz
Rome Blue, HighRise 4
Rubi-Ka