When should I subscribe???

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Zorkk

When should I subscribe???

Post by Zorkk » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:42 pm

I am a new free account player. I have always been interested in AO and finally got on the bandwagon. I can already tell how addicting this game is going to get and I know I will be playing for a while. So when should I consider subscribing? How far along do I need to get to access any content worth paying for?

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:58 pm

I always recomend to stay froob untill level 100 so you learn the basics first.
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:23 am

Don't subscribe for at least a month, I'm assuming you're not new to the whole 'roleplaying' idea even if it is just pen & paper roleplaying...

This is the first game of it's type I played (haven't found another I like as well), but had a long background in pen & paper roleplaying, I also had a real life mentor in the game, & it took me a month to get the basics down well enough. THEN I subscribed in a flash lol.

But the basic is, if you subscribe within a month, you're just gonna be wasting cash, play, have fun, learn...

& while you're doing that, save up, because once you're certain you want to pay to play, pay for a whole year at once, that way you save HALF the subscription cost!!! Which is not to be sniffed at, then as you save throughout the year, you're only have to save up half the cost per month!
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Kermaperuna

Post by Kermaperuna » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:53 pm

I played as a froob for 1.5 years, with a few breaks in between. Got my main to 135 or so and learned a lot about the game. Expansions give you the opportunity to get too much too fast and not learn in the progress. It's good later on, but best start as a froob. =)

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:13 pm

I played as a froob for about 2 months before upgrading to the full whack, and even then I didn't venture into SL for a month or 2 later, the amount of info to absorb without the expansions is huge as it is :)