ill-treated Plasmaprojector construction manual

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Greech

Post by Greech » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:59 pm

Ok folks, got a mission called:

which I went and acquired as instructed. I'm not sure what I am suppose to do with this thing now. There are no notes on the mission other than to go and get this manual (which I have done).

I died sometime after getting the book, so I am not sure if that is what is causing me issues or not. Any help woud be nice!

Thanks,

Greech

Here are some picks for reference:

[img]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/895/ ... logxp7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1283 ... ickvc3.jpg[/img]

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:01 pm

If its the bottom mission in your mission panel, then it appears to be a return item mission.

Anyway, go click the item on the mission terminal that you got the mission from and you will get your reward - hopefully!! :)

Greech

Post by Greech » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:18 pm

Well, thanks for the tip. I attempted that but, it did not seem to respond. Thanks for the help though.. :)

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:29 pm

If you only tried it just now and you had your mission on Friday, I assume it timed out :)

Greech

Post by Greech » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Exactly. I've sense figured it out (albeit a bit late). It did time out, but from other missions I finally clued in on the "grab the inventory" and then "right-click" to give it back to the mission terminal. lesson learned.

G

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:42 pm

Oh well, at least you know for the future :)

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:49 pm

Greech,

I would advise getting Clicksaver, 3rd party program that runs with AO database and provides alot of information on missions.

On the mission terminal I found the following settings to be an excellent choice... high loot, low chance of Mech Dogs (Argh, I hate them):

Easy/Hard: 60% -- this is just above your level greens to high yellows
Good/Bad: 100% -- more find/kill missions than Return (never do return)
Order/Chaos: 0%
Open/Hidden: 100% -- more locked chests for goodies and exp to open them
Physical/Mystical: 0% --- More enforcer/agent types vs. nanocasters
Head on/Stealth: 100% -- lower aggro range
Credits/XP: 0% -- More money for mission... exp comes from killing everything inside.

Now.. go here and install Clicksaver 2.4.3 http://arpa3.net/ao/clicksaver.html and use the above settings on the sliders set-up tab

Also... here at AOU is a great guide on how to get Clicksaver up and running... http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... nk=0&id=13

Personally, I found the best missions to run are "Find Item" or "Repair" missions... both missions are simple, in that you just kill everything inside (to get your 100% chance of token) and then just pick up item, or apply part to repair. I'm partial to repair missions as they provide the best mission exp and the most money for a mission.

Hope this helps some.
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Greech

Post by Greech » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Nadab, thanks for the info. I tell you though guys, I'm still lost in this game.

My character is finally reached level 13 fixer (solitus). I get more than two enemies on me, I'm dead every time (And just for the books, rollerrats suck arse).

It's quite discouraging. I have implants that I have no idea what I do with (yea, I have them put in, but half of em are empty of augmentations, etc).

I have a gob of items (and I run out of space all the time with my inventory & small backpack).

Basic BIO comm (QL 30)

Belt Component (QL 7) (Platform Ti 100x)
Belt Component (QL 8) (Platform Ti 100x) (CURRENT EQUIPPED)
Belt Component (QL 1) Blackmanes (NODROP UNIQUIE) Free deck slot 2

Instruction Disk (Common Automation)
Instruction Disk (Quick Shot)
Instruction Disk (Weak Weapon Smithing)

Tutoring Device (Weapon Smithing)
Tutoring Device (Electrical Engineering)
Tutoring Device (Nano Programming)

Android NCU upgrade (QL 10)

Nano Crystal (Tone of Clarity) QL 2
Nano Crystal (Vengance of the Loyal) QL 8
Nano Crystal (Relieving Slave)
Nano Crystal (Riposte Incompetence)

Notum enriched nano paste (QL 6)

Personal Grid Converter (QL 6)

Maps - Athen West
Maps - Startup maps Neutral
Maps - Three craters

Memory
NCU Memory - Morphing Memory
NCU Memory - 2-3 QL 10 (Max NCU 3, whatever that means)
NCU Memory - 2-3 QL 5 (Max NCU 2)
NCU Memory - 4-7 QL14 EQUIPPED Deck 1

Solar powered SMG QL1 EQUIPPED
Light Bar QL1 EQUIPPED

Night Vision Goggles

Implants
Eyes - (QL12)Tutoring (Concealment, Oper Heavy Mach, Tutoring)
Head - (QL12)Comp Lit (Percep, nano energ pool, Com lit)
Ears - (QL6) Empty
RightArm - (QL10)Burst (Rad armor class, empty, Burst)
Chest - (QL10) Empty
Chest - (QL12) Dimach (MG SMG, Biological Meta, Dimach-Soul Att) CAN'T EQUIP
waist - (QL9) - (Agility, Adventuring, Chemical) Armor class ?
Righthand - (QL9) - (Empty, Assault Rifle, Martial Arts)
Legs - (QL6) - (Life, Disease & Poison, Dodge Ranged)
Feet - (QL6) - Empty

Now for the questions
1) Does it matter if I equip armor in the social or cloth categories?
2) How do I use the instruction disks
3) How do I use the tutoring device
4) How do I stay alive?
5) NCU memory, why can I only use one at a time?
6) MG/SMG and burst maxed out already, when jumping to level 13, I could not increase it any more (71 & 76 respectively). Did I mess up somewhere?
7) Everything maxed except Physic at 45 (Agility I could raise to 48 )
8) Gazillions of other questions that I don't even know to ask I'm sure.

I've been trying to follow the fixer guide on the official site Updated Fixer Guide but only can do so much. As I have read, points (for skills) are always in short supply.

Some basic pointers would be great. I feel like I go on mission after mission, have no clue as to what I am grabbing, and can't use half of the stuff when I do get it. I keep a lot of the stuff thinking "I'm going to need that sooner or later" but that day doesn't seem to come.

Thanks guys....

G

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:03 pm

ITEMS:

Ok unless your going down the tradeskill route you can generally sell the bio communicator.

I'd wear blackmanes belt, its 2 slots rather then the 1 your current belt gives, it also gives 2 ncu its self, so much better. others can be sold.

instruction discs are shop food, same with the tutoring devices (unless your going tradeskiller)

Android NCU is more shop food, as are most of the nano programs if there not your profession.

Personal grid converter is more shop food, use the maps if you can, but I wouldn't spend too much IP in map nav (really I wouldn't bother raising it at all) but if you want maps its ok, I know things can be confusing with out them to start with.

Put on the 2 ncu (yes 2 now that your wearing the blackmanes belt) that give the most NCU upgrade, morphing memory is a leveling ncu chip, but since your not a psychic heavy class its not so good, just get the highest NCU chips you can get on with your complit skill (more NCU, more buffs you can use at once)

Obviously keep your gun on till you find better, light bar is always handy to have if you dont like setting monitor to bright.

Sell the goggles, as for implants I wouldnt worry too much about them, you can buy specially ready made ones suited to your profession from basic stores, or you can just hope to pick up ones that have skills you need in them (wouldn't bet on it mind) so best off selling any you pick up and buying the ready made ones till your more experienced (there sold upto ql 100 in the implant stores)

So thats what I'd suggest you do with those items, now for your questions:

Questions

1) If you like the look of armour but can't wear it due to requirements being too high you can put it in the social tab so that it looks like your wearing it (turn social tab on in the f10 options in Visual -> misc) If its in social tab you get no bonus from it, no AC's no stat boosts, nothing but looks, so if you want armour for stats and AC's make sure its in your actually clothes window.

2) Instruction discs are part of a tradeskill to make nano's, in most case this is pointless as you can easily aquire them in nano form, a few notable discs to look out for are Grid Armor Mk (insert numerals here), Nulity Sphere Mk I/II and Shape armour discs these are rare and can only be found in disc form and can sell for lots (although as a fixer you may want the Grid armour for yourself) Other then those few its just shop loot.

3) Tutoring devices are used by targetting yourself and right clicking the device, if you have enough tutoring skill you will use it and it will buff the corresponding stat it says, however unless your tradeskilling they are a waste of IP into tutoring considering they only buff tradeskills anyway. only really useful one to most people is complit, and even then its debatable wether theres any real point to it, so just sell em.

4) Make sure your buffed up, make sure you have stim kits and what not ready for use, make sure you use your short hot you get as a fixer when needed, make sure your evades are maxed as a fixer and also try moving the def/agg bar towards the def end (lowers attack speed, ups your defense) Other then that you just gotta come up with a combat style that suits you.

5) You can only use NCU memory in Computer decks, to unlock Computer decks you need to wear belts, the one you currently have equiped (the Ti 100x) only gives you 1 deck slot, the blackmanes gives 2 deck slots, letting you wear 2 ncu memory chips (as stated above it also gives 2 ncu its self so definitly a good belt till you can get a 3 slot or Temple belt on)

6) You've hit the title cap for those skills, just means that you can't put any more IP into it until your next title level (level 15 is title level 2) and is normal, you didn't mess up.

7) certain skills can be raised higher then others depending on profession and breed, green skills can be raised the most, while dark blue will be lowest, also green skills are cheaper to raise (less IP to raise 1 point compared to dark blue)

Other Help

As for any other help, all I can say is try to keep your base abilities maxed (agi sense etc, yes even psychic, its less important but when other skills get capped because of it its a pain, if your low on IP for other skills, ignore it for a bit untill your ok again) keep your evade, dodge and nano resist up, same with your ranged init. Keep burst and SMG maxed. Same with Body Development, that needs to be maxed.

Ignore your matter creation unless you get a Grid Armour nano. For other Nano skills. raise when you can get them to the point where you can use a new nano (ignore smuggle nano's there shop food) Also get a hackers interface (buy a nanoprogramming interface from basic store and use a lock pick on it) that is a leveling item that will help with your nano skills.

Tradeskill wise, just keep your complit up, ignore the rest, you wont need them.

I'd also suggest keeping your break and entry up, specially if you do alot of missions, as a fixer we get better loot from missions the higher our base break and entry is, so more cash for us.

That should help to begin with. If you need any more help feel free to ask ;)
Last edited by Casorinth on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Ok, here goes.. I hope this helps

1) Does it matter if I equip armor in the social or cloth categories?
Anything you put in your clothing tab effects your skills (assuming that it has modifiers). Anything in your social tab just looks pretty when you have social tab activated via your F10 menu.

2) How do I use the instruction disks
Used in Nano Crystal Creation

3) How do I use the tutoring device
Quote http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... k=0&id=274
11.6. tutoring and Why It's Important

Tutoring is required to be able to use tutoring Devices, these are items in the game that allow you to termporarily increase one of your own trade skills.

The devices start at Quality Level 1 and go all the way up to 200. Providing an increase of up to 50 points.

That is an increase of 0.25 skill per quality level, but we don't work in bits of numbers, only full numbers. So QL1-7 provide a skill increase of 1 point, QL8 - 12 an increase of 2 points, up until the increase of 50 points with a QL200 device.

Tutoring is absolutely essential for many high level trade skills, but it takes a long time to make it really useful. Especially since the highest quality devices need 1000 tutoring to use.

So while you might want tutoring eventually, it's probably little use to you before level 150.
4) How do I stay alive?
Assuming you are a PvM fixer, max your HP and Body Dev. Then look at your evades. Fixers are supposed to evade everything and be invincible :)
Then use your snares, when you are low on health, snare then run like the wind and let your hot heal you back up a bit so you can pummel the mob some more!!

5) NCU memory, why can I only use one at a time?
Your NCU amount is dependant on the amount of NCU Memories you have in your belt.

NCU Guide : http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... ink=0&id=6

6) MG/SMG and burst maxed out already, when jumping to level 13, I could not increase it any more (71 & 76 respectively). Did I mess up somewhere?
When you try to increase, do you by chance get a message in there saying "reached max for this title level" ?

7) Everything maxed except Physic at 45 (Agility I could raise to 48 ) Generally, at lower levels, I tend to work on the raise them if I need them basis. You will find IP is short at times, so unless its a necessity, I just let it stay low til I need it.

Max out things so you can wear better armour, Int will help you with your nano program casting etc etc.

8 ) Gazillions of other questions that I don't even know to ask I'm sure.
Please ask :)

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:11 pm

Caso! You just beat me :)

One thing I forgot though that was REALLY important from your post Greech is the implants. If they are empty, no point in equipping them as they dont benefit you.

Shop bought, premade implants for Fixers are not bad. Have a look at those and what skills they can effect for you.

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:13 pm

:D

Its not bad having multiple responses, yours have alot more info, mines more or less just relative to what you need to know to play fixer >< not to mention we have different opinions when it comes to some things ;)

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:03 pm

Okkies... I see by your comments that you are a Fixer... Welcome to the Club. I love mine. For some more information about Fixers, how to play them and what to do, wear, etc.... try here AO Profession Academies -- Fixer Guide.

This is the guide I used and I found it very helpful... I bookmarked the page in my AO favorites.... I think I wore out the button by the time I got to 200.
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Greech

Post by Greech » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Awesome info Casorinth, UKBlizzard & Nadab. Ok, for a bit of clarification then.

When you mention "unless you are doing tradeskill" to not bother. What do you exactly mean when you say tradeskill? And like when would I bother with a tutoring device?

Back to the Title-cap question. Should I be able to raise any category each time I level up? That was kinda the basis of the question. I had been able to, but when I went from a Level 12 to 13 I could not increase MG/SMG category (as well as a few others).

Hacker's interface. I already had a lockpicking tool (very nice tool to have, BTW). I used it or attempted to use it on the nanoprogramming interface (pick up lockpick, right-click on nano-prog intf, but it does nothing. I was expecting baloons or confetti or something (maybe even a system message telling me I'm a genious) :)

Tutoring device would not seem to be important. It raises a level (temporarily) I presume so I have a better chance at creating something? Creating something I guess means the trade-skilling thing (maybe)?

"Snare". I've seen this term before. Do we mean basically the health kits, the ones that allow use during combat?

And apparently first-aid and treatment are important here. I seem to have left those stats low, and cannot seem to use the higher QL kits.

Ok. well, this is some great info. Especially about what I do or don't need.

Thanks again,

G

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:23 pm

By doing tradeskilling, I mean making a character who's there solely to be used to make stuff by raising there tradeskill stats (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, pharmatech etc etc etc) How ever since your a fixer, I can guarntee that if you try tradeskilling as well as normal play you'll end up deader then something very dead. And you'd use tutoring devices if you where making a tradeskiller for those times when your a couple of points short of combining the items you building. I really wouldn't worry about the tradeskill aspect of the game till your considerably higher and used to things.

The title cap thing is this: At each title level theres a certain limit to how high you can raise the base stat of a given ability, once you hit that limit it will tell you your level capped, its different for each skill (depends on there colour) and as such you generally cap the skills you max out often. While capped the only way to raise that skill is buffs (nano buff, implants, equipment stat raising) untill you reach your next title level, where upon you can raise it again normally. When you cap generally depends on when you raise the skills. Once you hit level 15 they cap will be removed untill your nearing 50 (probably start capping at about 45). When you cap you can either save the IP untill the cap is removed at your title level, or spend it in other skills that you havn't been raising due to lack of IP. Other then the few points in the game where you reach title caps for skills you will be able to raise skills each level.

Hackers interface, pick up the lock pick with your mouse then hold shift and right click the hackers interface with it OR press shift + t and use the tradeskill window, place the items into the boxes and click build.

And yes Tutoring devices raise skills temporarily so you can build better things, and yes by Trade Skilling I mean Crafting.

Snare is your run speed Debuff you get, as a fixer you get 2 a targeted and an Area one, you cast it on monsters and it slows there movement speed down so you can get away (and shoot at them at a safe distance) as a fixer you should use this way more then your root as its much more effective as it tends to break less and lower there run speed so much that its as good as rooting them in place.

Treatment is always important, it lets you use bigger treatment labs and nano rechargers and lets you get bigger implants in, so always try to keep that max. First aid is important if you find your self needing to stim lots in battle, although personally I havn't invested in first aid on my fixer in 5 years as I find HoTs work well enough and IP is better spent else where, but if your struggling raising first aid and getting some good stims can really turn the tide of battles.