Gift wrapped baskets

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

OlowNon

Gift wrapped baskets

Post by OlowNon » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:33 pm

I just picked up a gift wrapped basket in a mission. If I read the bot description properly, Supply Masters Eel or Smug will give me a Multi-Purpose Tuner for it.

Two questions:

1. Aren't Supply Masters Eel or Smug part of high-level quests? I don't want to wander into something too dangerous for my 25th level advent.

2. What does the Multi-Purpose Tuner do? The description's not much help...

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:14 am

Smug/Eel quests wont get you killed, getting there might though :wink: you'll have to avoid some mobs in the wilderness but nothing too serious.

Multi-Purpose Tuner is a tool for custom Towers I believe, and those custom towers arent too great anyways - everyone uses the ones from the Tower Shops to get the bonuses of their choice.
Imatroxdoc, 188/12 Atrox Doctor, Omni, Squad Commander of Band of Little Brothers
Ruffixx, 136/13 Opifex Fixer, Omni, Unit Member of Obsidian Order

Former account open for now:
Imadoctor, 208/11 Solitus Doctor
Frieloc, 205/8 Soltius Adventurer

All Altantean.

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:18 am

Frieloc was close enough. What he mixed up, is that Tuner is used in building Personal turrets. They have AoE heal, +dmg and shield and once placed behave like pets. They are great tool to aid you with RK outdoor hunting, but only if mobs you're after are stationary or close by( so you don't pull across half a zone). Unfortunatly while some parts for tower drop in missions, others don't and building whole thing can be expensive.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:45 am

Ah.. I was just guessing/hoping that my memory was correct :P sounds like fun to try out for the heck of it but I just know I've never seen anyone with one in a long time. I remember seeing them now and then pre-SL and shortly after SL release
Imatroxdoc, 188/12 Atrox Doctor, Omni, Squad Commander of Band of Little Brothers
Ruffixx, 136/13 Opifex Fixer, Omni, Unit Member of Obsidian Order

Former account open for now:
Imadoctor, 208/11 Solitus Doctor
Frieloc, 205/8 Soltius Adventurer

All Altantean.

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:45 am

Theay are still used at Wine ninjas and occasionally at city AI raids. Guess they would work at some other raids too, like Mercs, HI and Ljotur, where peeps pull mobs to certain area.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians