PERMABAN

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

playboyfixer

PERMABAN

Post by playboyfixer » Mon May 26, 2008 12:49 pm

GM Rakoshi in email wrote:Your accounts, '(playboyfixer's 2 pay accounts)', have been PERMANENTLY suspended for violating the rules of conduct and/or End User License Agreement (EULA). Your actions include but are not limited to:

Failure to comply with reasonable instructions from CS reps: multiple countsAttempting to abuse the petition system: multiple counts
For me this really doesn't make sense... I've not been given "reasonable instructions from CS reps, in link to what friends that petitioned to question the ban said to me in msn, nor have i "abused the petition system: multiple counts", so it really doesn't add up for me, WHY did i get banned? I've emailed tons of times but never ever get any reply back, it seems they do not care or so to reply?

I've always been nice to any staff of FC that contacted me, and do not believe i ever offended one of them, so all this doesn't seem fair, if they wanted me to not petition anymore or whatever they think i did wrong, they could have asked / told me not to do this or that anymore, instead of throw a ban at me without explanations.

There must obviously be some mistake made here, as lots of players on AO that know me well know i keep things within the lines (not including any eventual trolls passing by here), and that can vouch for me not being someone deserving a ban like this.

Well if something did go wrong i'm sorry for anything i played part in, as i got no idea what it is i did wrong then, and can thus not set it straight, and i hope i could really get an official response about it.

(AO-forum link to this post: http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=530034)

also:

As of yesterday i'm permabanned by GM Rakoshi without any real explanation, and i can only appeal for unban after 3 months, so till then i most likely won't be able to be main speaker for CoT, unless if i'll do it through an org member using MSN (which will slow stuff down though). IF any RP events i started die off, or the CoT ceases to function without it's clericals, sorry for all the ends of RP, as i loved the RP in AO, but like i said, i dunno why i got banned, yet i got permabanned whle being out into town yesterday,, and await email replies

(AO-forum link: http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=530035)

Dabblez

Post by Dabblez » Tue May 27, 2008 1:35 am

I am really sorry to hear this. You generously invested so much energy into AO's community, this is really an terrible way for things to end.

sonicring

Post by sonicring » Tue May 27, 2008 5:48 am

Tha sucks for no reason whatsoever you do generate energy in AO that i feel is a plus and will suck if they don't lift the ban

Boltgun

Post by Boltgun » Wed May 28, 2008 11:52 am

Like I said on the AO forum before it was deleted, the point of view of the GMs behind this wasn't neutral at all. Almost like considering your mere presence is trolling some guys to attack you.

Now it really suck because that's one less in the few active roleplayers left, and RK1 didn't need that.

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Thu May 29, 2008 11:58 am

I'm sorry to hear this. I always liked your contribution to RP, even if they've been not everyones favourite sometimes.
I do hope you can get this unban thing after 3 months done. Your unique type will be missed.

playboyfixer

Post by playboyfixer » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:03 am

i WILL return ;D that's for sure, one way or another i will (and hope no-one takes my RP jobs as all i had in AO Was RP really xD)

miss u all though ^^ the great events we did together, or me bothering all u RP ot's for pricechecks :p

playboyfixer

Post by playboyfixer » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:31 am

Khuri wrote:I'm sorry to hear this. I always liked your contribution to RP, even if they've been not everyones favourite sometimes.
I do hope you can get this unban thing after 3 months done. Your unique type will be missed.
i've been somewhat making me the center of attention in RP-events though in the past :p but i tried to change it some more ;) makes for very intresting RP venues

Xariama

Post by Xariama » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if there's something internal going on. From what I've been told and seen, it's pretty clear that at least one GM has a clear bias against you, for whatever reason. Was good to see you in-game again the other day (and thanks for the invite), but clearly, if a GM is going to show this high level of bias, they need to be replaced, as their impartiality (as REQUIRED by their signed agreement) is null and void.
Angela "Xariama" Jerricho, 132 Keeper (150 on TestLive)

"When you're born, you're given a ticket to the nuthouse. When you're born in America, you're given a front row seat." - George Carlin (1937-2008)

playboyfixer

Post by playboyfixer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:43 pm

well they re-banned me

apparently from what i understood during my ban they started an investigation of my entire play carreer, did a vote between all online GM's, and the majority voted to keep me banned (while it seems several GM's that support my unban knew of nothing till some AOers that petitioned told them), and they got me now permabanned without chance of appeal. So this is the end of pbf's chapter in AO, time to move on anyway as from what i heard from some sources i trust, AO's not going to live too long anymore

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Farewell, fellow Fixer!

Xariama

Post by Xariama » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:35 pm

Well, so much for that work... :/
Angela "Xariama" Jerricho, 132 Keeper (150 on TestLive)

"When you're born, you're given a ticket to the nuthouse. When you're born in America, you're given a front row seat." - George Carlin (1937-2008)

playboyfixer

Post by playboyfixer » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:33 pm

feel free to sign the online petition someone made btw for support ;)

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/FreePBF

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:53 pm

I am sorry you received another ban Playboyfixer, however speculating over the course of events and the conduct of the GMs or any rumours is not particularly constructive in a post in the AO Universe forums.

Being constructive about something that has happened and lodging your complaints, questions and feedback on a matter should be done with Funcom. If not with the particular GM that you state has contacted you then with someone in a senior position from Funcom.

If you believe that the reasons behind your ban were unfounded and that you could not have broken the EULA as described, then you need to take that up with Funcom.

You have had an energy within AO, you have been very enthusiastic. However, I really believe that following this course of action (i.e. the forum posts and the petition that has been created) is not the best way and is more likely to act negatively than to put you in a positive light if you are still planning on challenging the decision that was given to you by the GM.

I wish you luck for your future, I hope things pan out in a positive way and that whatever your hopes and aspirations are - that you achieve them.