Help me please with register...damn

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Termus24

Help me please with register...damn

Post by Termus24 » Sun May 18, 2008 4:11 pm

I registered here only cuze I need help...
Ive decided today to play this game...I downloaded it and want to register trought :

Code: Select all

https://register.funcom.com/
>.< But I need some key...I heard that AO is free,right?
So can somebody help me find that key or help me register?PliiiZ :_(

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sun May 18, 2008 4:59 pm

Greetings Termus24,

We just had a look and even by clicking all of the "sign up for free" type links from the AO Home page, there isnt anywhere to make a free account - you shouldnt need a key of any description from our memories!

Best thing I can suggest you doing is clicking the customer support link on that "create new account" page which takes you to a form that will go to the Funcom customer service team.

It seems that others have encountered similar issues, I just found a post over at AO Froobs with the same problem. (here). I am sure there is no conspiracy, maybe just a few barbarians upset the registration.

Unfortunately, we are not in any way affiliated to Funcom - we are just a fansite, so this is all the help we can really give you. I hope that they contact you back quickly after you submit the form to them and that you get your free account set up as soon as possible though.

Good luck and best wishes,

Ukblizzard

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Sun May 18, 2008 7:19 pm

I just created a brand new Fr00b account, but it did not require me to use a key or anything similar. You are not required to use a key to create a new account as long as you select the appropriate type of game (Click on the Anarchy Online For Free version rather than the Complete version). There is a listing for a game key in the upper left corner when you sign up, but you DON'T use that button... use the Register button at the BOTTOM of the page.

[img]http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/1034 ... tonvp8.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Hahnsoo on Sun May 18, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Sun May 18, 2008 7:19 pm

Going through register.funcom.com I came to this part of the site, might be that it is bugged for certain browsers.. but I hope that links helps you set up a so-called "froob" account :)

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sun May 18, 2008 7:39 pm

I managed to get there via your link Quilluck, just not via the ao home page :)

Termus24

Post by Termus24 » Sun May 18, 2008 8:01 pm

Oh thanks guyz...and girl ( i think ) ...I hope we?é??ll meet in the game :wink: