AO lore questions...

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Scarwound5

AO lore questions...

Post by Scarwound5 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:14 pm

I got more questions about AO lore:

1. What lies behind the gates of rome green and will FC let us in soon?

2. Will Philip Ross reappear in the story sometimes in the futre?

3. I found a large ailen ship flying over tir country near totw-what is it?

4. Faunlore sain that the Baratons/slugs, the Ermites, and the pit lizards are "true native species of RK" is it right or is that just a fake guess and that they were also created by omni-tek?

5. If faunlore's wrong than who built the eremite altars?

6. From screenshots Galahad is in truth a redemmed. But how was he in Camelot before the release of SL?

7.What was the tree monster in Biodomes, an experment gone wrong?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Re: AO lore questions...

Post by Snakebite » Thu May 15, 2008 12:07 am

Scarwound5 wrote:I got more questions about AO lore:
Looks more like seven questions to me... :wink:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Stevieb

Post by Stevieb » Thu May 15, 2008 12:44 am

im also instersted as to whats beyond the gte in rome green, they must have something lined up, because so many people hate rome, there must be something worth going there for, maybe this is it :D

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Thu May 15, 2008 2:38 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it was supposed to connect to one of the playfields that never made it ingame. I think The Reck and The Spur were supposed to be west of Rome.

Stevieb

Post by Stevieb » Thu May 15, 2008 8:05 pm

oooh, sounds intersting <sincerity> can you or anyone post stuff about the idea's for beyond rome? i thought it musta been somthing to get to home, because otherwise its just blank on the map, unterraformed land is boring >< even a dull place with more dynas would be good :D

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Thu May 15, 2008 9:55 pm

Here's a few links to maps that include "not finished" playfields. The first one was sort of concept art I think (hover over the names for a short story about a zone), while the second one seems to be based more on what actually got released as a game. Though that second map is also a bit outdated, seeing how the Sea of Jobe and the Bay of Rome sort of made it ingame as "Coast of Tranquility" with the Alien Invasion expansion.

http://web.archive.org/web/200103031225 ... m/map.php3
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?POST ... =1#1999496

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Fri May 16, 2008 1:24 am

[quote="Scarwound5"]I got more questions about AO lore:

1. What lies behind the gates of rome green and will FC let us in soon?

2. Will Philip Ross reappear in the story sometimes in the futre?

3. I found a large ailen ship flying over tir country near totw-what is it?

4. Faunlore sain that the Baratons/slugs, the Ermites, and the pit lizards are "true native species of RK" is it right or is that just a fake guess and that they were also created by omni-tek?

5. If faunlore's wrong than who built the eremite altars?

6. From screenshots Galahad is in truth a redemmed. But how was he in Camelot before the release of SL?

7.What was the tree monster in Biodomes, an experment gone wrong?[/quote]

Ive found the anwser to my questions.

1. The gates will most likely open in the legacy of the xan expansion and is geared to high lvl players. The expansion would release 5 playfields as Silirrion said.

2. Philip Ross is still in coma so they sent Zora as CEO an resigned his post. Its unknown whether hes dead or no and since hes returned to his homeworld he would not come back to te storyline.

3. The massive ailen ship is most likely the mothership and thus can be entered with the le ailen mishes.

4. Faunlore is mostly wrong:

Baratons: They are large slugs that are only found in a large desert regions and could have been mutated slugs. An anarchy reloaded comic says that the baraton that invaded Omni-Ent was mde from ooze combined with a slug.

Pit lizards: There are "lizards" in the artery valley that resemble pit lizards and Faunlore says that they lost the ability to fly to survive in forsts and thus de-evolved but there is also a high chance that they were terraformed but into different species to survive in RK. The pit lizards look like the cross from a lizard to a bat(crossbreed?).

Ermites: I cant say that the Ermites are terrorformed due to the altars predating human settlement. But they could have emerged from the shadowlands along with the people who worship them.

5. Most likely:

a. A prank

b. Shadowland infulence.

7. Galahad as a clan leader was probably retconned from existence.

8. It was most likely an experment gone awry but once again faunlore argued that the nokken were natives because they look like rafters. But the rafters were from the SL and dont have 3 heads, are thinner, have only 1 head and resemble more like gargoyles then trees. But the mutant could be a rafter that came to RK and used as a experment but it gone awry.

So what do you think?
Last edited by Scarwound5 on Fri May 16, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stevieb

Post by Stevieb » Fri May 16, 2008 10:07 am

good researching ;D
i stil wana know more, like generally :P hmm, sure i had some questions...

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Fri May 16, 2008 1:41 pm

Thx I also edited it now!

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Fri May 16, 2008 6:12 pm

Also heres what anwser 5 means:

The altars were made with materials predating settlement of RK. But there is a chance someone used the materials to make a altar as a prank.

Or it could be Xan infulence.

Also Im gonna debunk the reest faunlores native standings:

Nanofreaks: Came from SL

Yuttos: Came from SL with the avatars of egro

Dragonclaws: SL

Bileswarms: SL or terraform project.

Golems: SL and they are hecklers

Horrors: SL

Medusae: SL and they are the malahi from SL

Anuns: SL but as cripplers

Babyface mutant: Dosent exist in OT database but could be made by rival coropations

Fanatics: Most likely cyborg creations as they are mechanical hybrids

Enigme: most likely SL

Snatchers: Inperfect clones(ie: the Jack legchopper clones)

So as you can see RK has no true native species.

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Fri May 16, 2008 8:39 pm

What you are forgetting is that once Shadowlands and Rubi-Ka were once ONE plane of existence. When the Source was corrupted, there was a cataclysm that tore the very fabric of existence and separated the Shadowlands and Rubi-Ka into two planes... thus you have divergent species that adapted to two different environments.

On the topic of Galahad... he is an Enlightened Redeemed that is also a Clan leader... if you go back a read in the "Prophet" there were un-named opponents to the Unredeemed that sponsered and led the Omegans that eventually became Omni-Tek.
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Sat May 17, 2008 1:38 am

So you mean all the ceatures of RK existed by the time of settlement on RK?

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Tue May 27, 2008 2:53 pm

"3. The massive ailen ship is most likely the mothership and thus can be entered with the le ailen mishes."

Its a mothership that occasionally flies over the zones when theres a player city raid being done...

"4. Faunlore is mostly wrong:

Baratons: They are large slugs that are only found in a large desert regions and could have been mutated slugs. An anarchy reloaded comic says that the baraton that invaded Omni-Ent was mde from ooze combined with a slug."

I wouldn't base your knowledge of game stuff on a comic made by someone just to poke fun at things :P that comic isn't based on anything truthful really, cept demz awful cooking and the fact that a baraton attacked. There most likly the results of thousands of years of evolution of a slug in notum rich environments.

"Pit lizards: There are "lizards" in the artery valley that resemble pit lizards and Faunlore says that they lost the ability to fly to survive in forsts and thus de-evolved but there is also a high chance that they were terraformed but into different species to survive in RK. The pit lizards look like the cross from a lizard to a bat(crossbreed?)."

There just over grown lizards, nuff said, RK breeds lots of strange creatures.

"Ermites: I cant say that the Ermites are terrorformed due to the altars predating human settlement. But they could have emerged from the shadowlands along with the people who worship them."

Looks like a termite/worm cross breed thats been blown up, I'd chalk it down to notum exposure through evolution :P

"8. It was most likely an experment gone awry but once again faunlore argued that the nokken were natives because they look like rafters. But the rafters were from the SL and dont have 3 heads, are thinner, have only 1 head and resemble more like gargoyles then trees. But the mutant could be a rafter that came to RK and used as a experment but it gone awry."

Similar to golems and such, just evolved creatures of strange proportions.

In all the animal cases they could also be Xan creations, as the Xan could make life and creatures...

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:47 pm

[quote="Casorinth"]"3. The massive ailen ship is most likely the mothership and thus can be entered with the le ailen mishes."

Its a mothership that occasionally flies over the zones when theres a player city raid being done...

"4. Faunlore is mostly wrong:

Baratons: They are large slugs that are only found in a large desert regions and could have been mutated slugs. An anarchy reloaded comic says that the baraton that invaded Omni-Ent was mde from ooze combined with a slug."

I wouldn't base your knowledge of game stuff on a comic made by someone just to poke fun at things :P that comic isn't based on anything truthful really, cept demz awful cooking and the fact that a baraton attacked. There most likly the results of thousands of years of evolution of a slug in notum rich environments.

"Pit lizards: There are "lizards" in the artery valley that resemble pit lizards and Faunlore says that they lost the ability to fly to survive in forsts and thus de-evolved but there is also a high chance that they were terraformed but into different species to survive in RK. The pit lizards look like the cross from a lizard to a bat(crossbreed?)."

There just over grown lizards, nuff said, RK breeds lots of strange creatures.

"Ermites: I cant say that the Ermites are terrorformed due to the altars predating human settlement. But they could have emerged from the shadowlands along with the people who worship them."

Looks like a termite/worm cross breed thats been blown up, I'd chalk it down to notum exposure through evolution :P

"8. It was most likely an experment gone awry but once again faunlore argued that the nokken were natives because they look like rafters. But the rafters were from the SL and dont have 3 heads, are thinner, have only 1 head and resemble more like gargoyles then trees. But the mutant could be a rafter that came to RK and used as a experment but it gone awry."

Similar to golems and such, just evolved creatures of strange proportions.

In all the animal cases they could also be Xan creations, as the Xan could make life and creatures...[/quote]

I wouldent base my infomation on comics either but you have to notice that Omni-Med has evolved creatures from crossbreeds. I think that they made crossbreeds and left them here to evlove. Or it could be a xan infulence as you said.

also for Ermites you said: "notum exposure through evolution ". But the altars treat them as gods. Who built them and when?

P.S: RK does house just bizzare life as shadowlands(I mean wolves with 3 heads?)

Good research through!

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:49 pm

Mabye we need a RETCON and say that ALL the creature were Xan made.

It fits well.

I could not see humans making crossbreeds and making them "hyper evlove"

In fact we need to retcon how RK used to look like.

Also the golems look like Hecklers as well from screen shots. What did they evlove from in your opinon?

And what bout RK horrors. Are they only "called" horrors and not based on them?

Also the lizards arent all overgrown lizards.

Giant Lizards: yes
pit lizards: no

Also where can I find lv 60 giant lizards in Artery valley, Faunlore says they exist but can someone show me where? Cuz I'd like to find a good lving area for my near lv 60 char.