AO lore questions...

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Wed May 28, 2008 10:22 am

There is alot of manmade creatures on RK too, blubaggs and breiflabs are just 2 of the more obvious ones, blubags made as a mining tool and breiflabs as water purification methods.

Eremites could have been worshipped after they evolved, theres plenty of semi-sentient creatures on RK, and there used to be more.

Golems I beleive the last time I asked someone about these I was told that they were hecklars that fell off the brink.

The RK horrors are diffrent from the SL horrors, and only called horrors because if you where an adventurer to stumble upon them you'd be horrified

Also I never stated all lizards where overgrown, just those ones in particular (there are others mind) as for where to find them in artery valley, just gotta keep your eyes peeled

Boltgun

Re: AO lore questions...

Post by Boltgun » Wed May 28, 2008 12:05 pm

1. What lies behind the gates of rome green and will FC let us in soon?

Originally the game was supposed to give you access to the whole planet, but many zones are closed from start. They are indeed in the game files but chances is that we will never get in. It is possible however that FC open a new playfield in the future, Coast of Peace was one of these closed zones before AI.

2. Will Philip Ross reappear in the story sometimes in the futre?

He's in coma, under care of the Omni Med chief. The story is open to conspiracy theories but unless we all actively look in it, FC isn't paying attention to him, like Henry Radiman to be honest who is nowhere to be found.

3. I found a large ailen ship flying over tir country near totw-what is it?

It appears when there is an alien attack in the playfield, sometimes a whole playfield will initiate a raid on any CC over 50% too and the ship is here everytime.
Anyway it's eye candy.

4. Faunlore sain that the Baratons/slugs, the Ermites, and the pit lizards are "true native species of RK" is it right or is that just a fake guess and that they were also created by omni-tek?

Lots changed at SL, some creatures are mad made and are only looking like, some others are SL creatures who made it to RK, during the cataclysm that ended the Xan civilisation or afterwards.

5. If faunlore's wrong than who built the eremite altars?

I didn't search on that, it may even be a Xan construction that ended in RK, SL ruins can be found on the planet.

6. From screenshots Galahad is in truth a redemmed. But how was he in Camelot before the release of SL?

At first Galahad was an excentric business man you created his version of Camelot and played games of sort. Now if FC keep this story he would have played a masquerade, left SL before Jobe did their job and went back when the fight moved there.

For info Jobe made the SL available to us, but they are far from the first to make the travel, the Malah made it long before (Medusas), so are the Yuttos. Some creatures even ended on RK by accident (cripplers).

7.What was the tree monster in Biodomes, an experment gone wrong?

Afaik yes. The security system was built to not let it out.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:02 pm

[quote="Casorinth"]There is alot of manmade creatures on RK too, blubaggs and breiflabs are just 2 of the more obvious ones, blubags made as a mining tool and breiflabs as water purification methods.

Eremites could have been worshipped after they evolved, theres plenty of semi-sentient creatures on RK, and there used to be more.

Golems I beleive the last time I asked someone about these I was told that they were hecklars that fell off the brink.

The RK horrors are diffrent from the SL horrors, and only called horrors because if you where an adventurer to stumble upon them you'd be horrified

Also I never stated all lizards where overgrown, just those ones in particular (there are others mind) as for where to find them in artery valley, just gotta keep your eyes peeled[/quote]

told you golem were hecklers!

Also the ermites didnt seem to be sentient it so they could have built their own civilazation by now...

Also if they were Xan made the altars couldent be xan. Cuz no one would never worship their own creations!

seems that it could be Xanmade but the altars were a work of art or a monument to something.

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Wed May 28, 2008 6:25 pm

I didnt mean the eremites sentient, I meants other creatures, theres plenty of them, and it may not nesecarily have been there to worship, could be a highly elabarote food bowl for pet eremites :P in the old "chain a virgin to a rock" style of things

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:21 pm

I heard that the creatures OT made eventually "went out of control". Mabye the Ermite Altar was made by humans in that area to control ermites from devouring them, or mabye even "make pets of them". Theres also one in Rome as well adding to the possiblely that Ermites were manmade.

If the Ermites were Xan-made and the altar in Rome was a fake or a unearthed relic then the Xan could also have problems controlling Ermites as well and used the altars to do the same thing said above.

P.S: I take that the lv 60 giant lizards are called "Boom Lizards" from Faunlore, which also they are of "Individual" organization. It could mean that theyre not social. So if thats true does that mean I wont get ganked?

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Thu May 29, 2008 7:05 pm

Alot of the OT made creatures didnt so much go out of control but rather where just left neglected once there use was over, the blubags are a fine example of this, bred as mining tools, once alot of the mines where closed down they where neglected and spread themselfs.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Fri May 30, 2008 12:01 am

Perhaps the xan had the same issues and use the altars to control the ermites

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Fri May 30, 2008 12:29 am

I'll have to dig out my old AO book that gave alot of official background about things

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:16 am

Casorinth wrote:I'll have to dig out my old AO book that gave alot of official background about things
So? What's the book?
Boltgun wrote: Originally the game was supposed to give you access to the whole planet, but many zones are closed from start. They are indeed in the game files but chances is that we will never get in. It is possible however that FC open a new playfield in the future, Coast of Peace was one of these closed zones before AI.
Says who we might never enter?

quote from Sil:
After that, the next booster pack will be a playfield adventure pack called ?óÔé¼?£Legacy of the Xan?óÔé¼Ôäó that will feature five brand new playfields that contain a great story driven experience for high-level players. Players will get to discover the answers to many questions relating to the ancient Xan and their link to the invading aliens as well as one of the most lingering questions in Rubi-Ka history ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ who is behind the Dust Brigade?
If the coasts were open for AI and that they're adding 5 more playfields for this its very possible that they could open 5 of the zones.

btw: for now why cant we access the whole of Rubi-Ka?

Boltgun

Post by Boltgun » Fri May 30, 2008 10:00 am

Scarwound5 wrote:
Casorinth wrote:I'll have to dig out my old AO book that gave alot of official background about things
So? What's the book?
http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarchy/f ... honour.pdf

Enjoy

Says who we might never enter?

quote from Sil:
After that, the next booster pack will be a playfield adventure pack called ?óÔé¼?£Legacy of the Xan?óÔé¼Ôäó that will feature five brand new playfields that contain a great story driven experience for high-level players. Players will get to discover the answers to many questions relating to the ancient Xan and their link to the invading aliens as well as one of the most lingering questions in Rubi-Ka history ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ who is behind the Dust Brigade?
If the coasts were open for AI and that they're adding 5 more playfields for this its very possible that they could open 5 of the zones.

btw: for now why cant we access the whole of Rubi-Ka?
Why we can't, I never knew. Not only Rome but many zones have roads with dead ends. My guess is that they didn't put content (mobs, dungeons etc...) and on the next updates they only did in the existing zones.
You should know that the original plans didn't went trough, the game was supposed to have a 4 years lifetime. And that's for the better because at first the game was so horrible FC had to audit everything they did.

Judging from the latest DB content the legacy of Xan will happen surely on RK, we'll find old ruins somewhere. But "playfield" doesn't limit to a RK region so better be careful.

Anyway I said chances are, nothing is set in stone with FC. What they claim today may be wrong tomorrow.

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Fri May 30, 2008 12:28 pm

Well the story goes that alot of rubika still isnt terraformed, and as such we can't access it, or atleast not safely, plenty of people go into the outlands in storys and such but not many come back (anyone seen the pilgrims lately? didnt think so)

And I didnt actually mean prophet without honour I've got an AO book thats about the game with lots of details and such

junjo

Pw/oH book and AO

Post by junjo » Sat May 31, 2008 2:49 am

Im just curious if it was ever possible to see an Omega 'in game'. Im new to the game myself. (26 MP) and read the book a few days after I started playing. Ive now bought the SL expansion and am very curious to know if at any point since the game went live if anyone has seen any of the characters from the book? I know Phillip Ross was in game before being shot? What about David? Is he on the planet or still orbiting Rubi-Ka. What about any of the other Omega? Have they ever been in game...say during a RP experience w/ one of the Devs?
22 MP Sloob

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Sat May 31, 2008 11:58 am

In some of the shadowland temples I beleive you get to fight some "omega"

Wether or not there true omega im unsure of but they call em selfs that

Scarwound5

Re: Pw/oH book and AO

Post by Scarwound5 » Sat May 31, 2008 4:17 pm

[quote="junjo"]Im just curious if it was ever possible to see an Omega 'in game'. Im new to the game myself. (26 MP) and read the book a few days after I started playing. Ive now bought the SL expansion and am very curious to know if at any point since the game went live if anyone has seen any of the characters from the book? I know Phillip Ross was in game before being shot? What about David? Is he on the planet or still orbiting Rubi-Ka. What about any of the other Omega? Have they ever been in game...say during a RP experience w/ one of the Devs?[/quote]

There is a guy called "Omega Eric Miller" in one of the SL unredeemed guardens from screenshots.

I'm a froob so I dont have a clue bout other omega in SL

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Sat May 31, 2008 4:27 pm

I've personally beat up "Omega Eva Pourais" on another toon (the beloved Omni Director ?é?¼_?é?¼)