back and broke

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

back and broke

Post by xaatxuun » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:50 am

wow . . well couldn't get my old accounts going so went ahead and started the free subscription.
well I feel like I should have more money, I am lacking behind in imps, and nano programs, just do not have enough creds. I am wondering if I forgot about something, leveling is not a problem. Now i know I do not have my higher level toons to help out any more, so I am guessing I must not be doing anything wrong . . . or am I :|

For armor I just blitz for it, but I am used to having carb armor, but I was able to make that, but not now. Still I feel I have below average amount of creds.
So I am either leveling too fast, or i am not making enough . . . I'll take any suggestion's even if I am already doing what may be suggested, just wanna make sure i am not doing something wrong

THX

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:07 am

Well... are you Omni-Tek... if so... give me a shout.. I have an engi that can make you carb to ql 200. Also, what level are you now? Are you high enough to solo some of the lower level dynas? If so, some their loot sells well.... Also if you are 60+ you might try farming Foremans (Biosphere) in Longest Road... some of the mobs inside drop locked containers.. some have been know to have Grid Armor ID's and nanos....
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:32 am

Thanks for the reply . . I forgot about those spots, also figured where I was going wrong, the character in question is a Omni and I went ahead and took a invite to a guild.

I am able to triple my money just going to the ToTW, forgot how soon I could have started there. I am there now, well after I finish some missions, I'll be headed back there. Currently lvl32, and gimped, class is MA . . I believe a gimp MA can still survive better then any other gimped class.

I am still looking for some of the low level Dyna's, obviously not hard enough because I did get a map that shows Dyna locations. I'll need a lot more credits before I can afford the material to have the carb made.

Earlier today I started a trader, I plan to stay neut at the start then probably go omni after I get comfortable .

At least I still remembered about blitzing for armor/gear, everything else I seem to have forgot. Guess I could have placed in the title "Born again Newb, forgot how to make money" :wink: :?

I know it is not on topic,, but I also stated a character that is just wrong . .lol .. something to have fun with, but it is a 1hb opi Enf

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:38 pm

I'll go you one better... I have a neutral, level 30-ish Piercing Opifex Enforcer that I play when I'm pissed at org mates... being neutral I don't have to listen to their GC crap..... but hey... sometimes I'm just anti-social... Gives me a break from constant HC, Rumblecom, Battlenet, Campalot, etc. spam....
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:47 am

hmm not sure , but now you got me tempted to make another opi enf, but this time with a gun, gotta figure which would be the worse gun to use first.

my satellite connection is not playing well for me today, so been struggling there. If it was not for the latency from my connection I would more then likly started a NT and Doc, well I still did, but the latency is just a killer for those classes. I was thinking maybe, just maybe I could get a Agent to work, so I went ahead and created one, after I finished with the starter map, I moved on into rome, did a couple quest then went to bed .. when I got up, I logged on, and was going to contact the guild that I have the MA in and include the Agent . . only to realize, I created the Agent on the wrong server :? :oops: :roll:
So I started another one, this time on the correct server, but was DC'd.
latency was bad too while trying to build this guy up, at times 20 seconds before what ever action I press would actually happen.

well, time to try and reconnect, not sure if I still wanna continue on agent or get back to the MA

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:40 pm

I recommend heading into totw, kill easy cultists, make some money. Then make a whole new character and get him to level 10. Then download Clicksaver and roll for Concrete Cusions QL10. A pair of those sell for 200k - 300k. That should be a nice money maker there. Or level your MA to 44ish and farm for Beyer pistols. I dont remember the full name, but its like +20 Comp lit per pistol, so they sell well. Not sure of the going price though.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:51 am

OTdude wrote:Then make a whole new character and get him to level 10. Then download Clicksaver and roll for Concrete Cusions QL10.
Better yet, lvl it to 15, that's the highest you can pull lvl10 missions, easier running...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:30 pm

how fast do the concrete cushions sell at those prices ?

I kinda messed up earlier, I passed on selecting the mission for the cushions because of their location I would have had to go on, then remembered, I was playing a neut, and not the omni toon.
I will not select any thing I may be looking for that comes up on a kill mission, I'm just too gimped to do a kill mission, but if I were to sell the cushions then that would solve that problem . . for a few levels.

And

thanks for the ideas and suggestions, they are helping me remember some of what I should be doing or going, just sucks I can not play SL

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:56 pm

A Concrete Cushion start from about 100k...
You NEED them to be QL10 (minimum lvl)

Also, try rolling a lvl2 char & blitzing for QL1 Second-Hand Old English Trading Co., these also sell well in pairs...

Remember that Clicksaver requires EXACT item names to work, in the case of the Second-Hand Old English Trading Co., there is a full stop on the end of the name.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:14 am

Actually, Clicksaver works fine with partial names.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:53 pm

Uragon wrote:Actually, Clicksaver works fine with partial names.
That's as may be, however you get a lot more incorrect hits with partial names...

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:54 pm

maybe partial names like just putting in "Mausser Particle Streamer", any one of them, like a Ill-Mausser particle Streamer would pop up if found . . I am not sure if someone just place "Particle Streamer" and you would ever get a hit

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:10 pm

Yeah, sometimes it's even better not to specify the name too closely.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:53 pm

The problem is, is that CS will pick up parts of words...
I can't think of an example offhand, but it's like seeing 'the' in 'them'...

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:06 am

I'm a bit confused now. It's true, "Nano" as an example generally isn't a very good search keyword when you're looking for a pair of Nano Armor Boots. But like the example xaatxuun supplied, "Particle Streamer" is already a pretty good search term, even though it's lacking the quality level dependent prefix. You at least won't get false positives. And I especially fail to see why the trailing period of an OET Co. is all that important. Your search will most likely do just fine without it. :wink: