back and broke

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:00 am

It may well be that CSs search engine has been updated to be more user friendly, but not that long ago you did have to get it exact...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Tue May 06, 2008 1:49 pm

I never seem to get a lv10 concrete cushions to pop up, but I do get QL12's to show up every once in a while and QL16'S . . THOSE SEEM TO POP UP ON ME (stupid caps key) quite often. I did how ever did get one ql12 concrete cushions.
I went a rolled a new Trader, and started out right this time, unfortunately now at lvl17 and still stuck with the starter upgraded guns, I still will not do kill missions, tho I did do one back when I was lvl 10, It was for the cushions. I have not yet try to sell them.

I may have started this trader right, but I am back to the ole " damn I am still broke"
I seem to have a hard time adjusting to being poor again, as each day I play I recall a lil bit of what I used to do, and one thing was, If I started a new toon, I would have ql20 and ql50 imps , complete omni med set, QL8 and QL15 carb (complete set) 3 backpacks, and 1 mil (for nano programs), also any tools they may need, like that bio-thingy that turns monster parts to blood . . that was a great money maker there.
So you can see I was used to starting out better, just had forgotten how good I had it when starting a new toon , so I probably am not doing anything wrong. just struggling like any other new player would be.

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Tue May 06, 2008 10:55 pm

Maybe what you should do it do missions on your best character. Loot everything in the mission. Then sell it all to the shops. That should do ya until you can do more.

Dont worry about leveling. If your stuck and need something for your character at that level, dont worry about it. Just turn off All XP gains (F10 > Behavior > Disable All Xp gains) and get that item(s). Leveling should really be the last thing on your mind.

Benford

Post by Benford » Wed May 07, 2008 2:45 am

Or, if you're fortunate enough to have the expansions....you can dump all the XP into research so nothing goes to waste.

~Benford

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Wed May 07, 2008 1:22 pm

yeah I actually do have the expansions up to AI, but those subscriptions are frozen at the moment, kinda tempted to find someone to to pay for one month and I would then spend that one month fatting up the pockets of the new toons :wink: with tradeskills and better armor at my disposal just for a week would be enough.

That is all I have been doing has been missions, I get 6-8 missions, and go.
As for using better toon, I just trying to rebuild my crew again. I need the trader to be at least lvl 25, I need to get the fixer set up just for blitzing, I will not have a Doc this time, due to satellite connection, I'll be late on heals, and love playing a Pure healer, tho it is a poor road, but have tons of friends 8) , but as I said due to the connection I have now, a doc class I will not be able to play. This leaves me with 2 classes that I enjoy, Agent and MA.

I am trying out the Adventure, not real fan of them but they were fun in the past.
Speaking of the past, I was doing some reading in the Official site forums, I was a lil disappointed the direction the players have gone . . I mean lets take the doc for example .. their only role is keeping the team alive. Now All I read is a bunch of whiners how they can not fight, being weak at PvP. Wait . . a doc fighting and not healing ???
So I went back to the begging of threads to see where this change took place. Aparently not long after LE. There has always been talk about making docs stronger, but that was never their intended role . . if I wanted a Doc that could fight then I would have made a adventure.
It seems since LE only concerns any more is Twinking . . Ahh if I wanted to play game where that is my only concern I would just play Korean MMO's.

Opps got side tracked :oops:

When I do those missions I do not go sell till I am done, I carry 3 backpacks for loot . . some missions I am just blitzing for the reward, for items needed, or a quick 1k of creds.
I know in the past RK was best for making money, but SL was the place to be to gain XP. Not sure if it is still like that.