Tir

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

OlowNon

Tir

Post by OlowNon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:01 am

Are all parts of Tir/Tir County unsafe for non-Clan? There are several quests I'd like to try there, but I got waxed by the guards as I approached the city after using the grid. :(

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:01 am

There is almost always a guard (sometimes 2) at the Tir grid exit, but it's better than it was, it used to be inside the city!!!

Options are:
1/ Grid with a yalm equiped...
2/ Grid & run like hell...
3/ Grid fully buffed & kill the guard & then run like hell cos you're flagged...

OlowNon

Post by OlowNon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:57 am

I take it that means the guards shoot on-sight in the city too? That's going to make doing this quest quite hard...

What's the rationale for Tir being so anti-non-Clan? Are there any other cities a neutral like me should beware of?

Sary

Post by Sary » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:30 pm

Isn't it only the "commander" guards shooting neutrals? I thought regular guards don't shoot, so you can whompa in safely if you like.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:31 pm

No, Tir is the only place Neuts have problems...

What quest is it you're doing? If you need to be inside, you can always hire a Clan Engi to warp you to where you need to be...

Donnerjak

Post by Donnerjak » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:31 pm

Hmmm .... I've run around Tir many a time and not been shot. I'm a nuetral, so what am I doing right/wrong?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:35 pm

Dunno, it's always been a Clan only area as far as I know, you just must have got lucky before lol

OlowNon

Post by OlowNon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:43 pm

I was going to do the Nodda Gregg quest, and maybe the Notum Hood of Bobic quest.

Donnerjak

Post by Donnerjak » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:27 pm

Great, now you gents have me paranoid. Tread lightly in Tir, I got the message.

Ozzy Bourke

Post by Ozzy Bourke » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:07 pm

only named npc's in tir will shoot at neuts. problem is, theres rather a lot of them wandering around with big guns.

Leetluv

Post by Leetluv » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:08 am

if you are on RK2 omni tek armed forces would e more than happy to cover you while you do the quests, however, silverstone canot see us there so if you aggro him your on your own :)

but yeah its unsafe for lowbie neuts because silverstone ordered them to kill neutrals on sight because he sees you guys as good for nothing fence sitters, and his mind set is, if oyur not with me your against me kind of deal.

Treeslayer

Post by Treeslayer » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:54 pm

I've been to and around Tir many times as a neut and omni.

What I've found is this;
1. neut- stay away from gates- if aggroed duck into whompah or shop
2. omni- use grid and upon 'refresh' run west immediately a short distance

I have done the Bobic hood quest as omni/neut and clan.

I have done the Nodda quests as neut and clan (of course.)

With the Bobic quest LOOK at robot 'junk'- it may be legs and you didn't recognize them. The brain can be found at the far side of the crater (outside) if you didn't find one close in to Bobic.

Nodda quest bronto 'meat' is a tad tough to get sometimes. South of the road are two small forests with bronto as well.

Btw- nice hood, pants and gloves. Sad it's nodrop.
help a n00b- they give life to the game

Jujuwalker

Post by Jujuwalker » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:37 am

i'm what to be considered a "medium level" neutral fixer. whenever i feel the need, i do a "tir city barricade run ".

Pretty much, i rush in, and laugh at the sentinels.... they never catch me... however, they do try, and try hard, they do.

My best advice for people wanting to sneak in ? FGRID to tir city. Then sneak around.

Unkala

Post by Unkala » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:22 am

OlowNon wrote:What's the rationale for Tir being so anti-non-Clan?
It's the location of the Council of Truth, which is the closest thing the Clans have to a central governing body. It was also the starting city for new Clan players when the game first came out.