Yay.. I have to show this

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Soldatius

Yay.. I have to show this

Post by Soldatius » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:01 am

Ok it might be not so good.. but I will post anyway.

Im tired of all PVP vids out there, so I did this

Stage6: http://www.stage6.com/user/Ibux/video/2231817/Omni-Tek

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-OjNTFf ... pic=2317.0
Knowledge of the past is the key to the future

[img]http://anarchoticwarlords.org/gallery/6 ... _01_36.jpg[/img]

Venomscrier

Post by Venomscrier » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:43 am

I didn't really get the point to it. It had a creepy affect to it though lol.
Daron "Venomscrier" VenomOmni-InternOps Affiliate"Omni-Tek Protects, Omni-Tek is Watching!"

Soldatius

Post by Soldatius » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:39 pm

The only point was about feeling. But I just was looking for some feedback, and to see if this was worth continuing with.

But thanks :)

Venomscrier

Post by Venomscrier » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:55 pm

Soldatius wrote:The only point was about feeling. But I just was looking for some feedback, and to see if this was worth continuing with.

But thanks :)
In that case , it did give out a strong..we are Omni-Tek kind of feeling. lol Sorta how I picture it. I love it :D You should of said is part of an unfinished project ;)
Daron "Venomscrier" VenomOmni-InternOps Affiliate"Omni-Tek Protects, Omni-Tek is Watching!"

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:24 pm

To me it gave out a strong 'desolate, there's noone here' kind of feeling...

Clan cities have people all over, but I've noticed that in the Omni cities they tend to huddle together in certain small areas or they just get out of the city altogether.

There's no vibrance, no life, as if the occupants of the city are 'afraid' to be seen on the streets, so the guards patrol alone...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Snakebite wrote:To me it gave out a strong 'desolate, there's noone here' kind of feeling...

Clan cities have people all over, but I've noticed that in the Omni cities they tend to huddle together in certain small areas or they just get out of the city altogether.

There's no vibrance, no life, as if the occupants of the city are 'afraid' to be seen on the streets, so the guards patrol alone...
Not the Omni that I know. If Omni is so desolate, then why am I bothered all the time by passing strangers who are looking for free favors? :D

Besides, the nightlife is INDOORS in the clubs and the malls. *grin*
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Venomscrier

Post by Venomscrier » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:56 pm

Snakebite wrote:To me it gave out a strong 'desolate, there's noone here' kind of feeling...

Just a clan that is trying to make there side look better then ours. ;) But yes, I randomly meet people all the time :D. Only Problem is that he filmed at Omni-Entertainment where not that many run around unless there is some sort of Event going on.

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:36 am

It's really...well, best way to describe it is 1984....especially with the face at end (I asume it's Ross). It gives you a sense of "Big broder is watching you". Dark shots and B&W doen't give a feeling of nice&happy society as well.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Soldatius

Post by Soldatius » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:47 pm

Thanks thanks a lot.

I "borrowed" the music from the opening of Bladerunner. I feeled it was the right type of music for this cut. You also see that the opening text is also inspired from Bladerunner. So I have to admit that some are borrowed.

Anyway I want to try work further with it, and see if it will come somthing out of it.

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:00 am

Well, good job with Bladerunner, that's another title I wished to mention (ships landing and taking off=shots of blimp with cola add). But the thing is that dark surounding of Bladerunner presents overpopulation and loss os human touch, with actuall story compensating for it. Your video is missing that human touch.

Speaking of inspirations, I wonder why nobody made a refference to Apocalipse now river delta scene yet?
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Soldatius

Post by Soldatius » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:47 pm

Ya .. I see it missing a human touch. You gave me somthing to think about.

Apocalypse now river delta scene, hmm long time since I saw that movie. Better check that out, and see what you mean.

kordova

Post by kordova » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:09 pm

First of all, amazing video. Please do continue with it!

I posted comments on the youtube page but will expand my ideas here. The oppressive nature of your video to me is just screaming that behind the sprawling metropolis, high technology, and intergalactic trade, there's something very dark and sinister at the heart of the Omni-tek corporation. I think the absence of that "human touch" is absolutely appropriate. This is, afterall, the archetypical evil megacorporation of the future that puts profits above all else, at the expense even of human life.

If you want to add a human touch, perhaps you could juxtapose the coldness of Omni-Tek with the vibrance of a bustling, recently beautified Old Athens. I think you'd lose some of the impact if you did that though. Leaving your video without resolution creates a sense of despair without end. Like the line from the aforementioned 1984: "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face ?óÔé¼ÔÇØ forever."

And incidentally, if anyone is particularly interested in that Blade Runner theme, I highly recommend the dark ambient project Lustmord.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:54 pm

From a technical point of view, try to avoid bumping into things, that slight bump & jolt of the camera detracts from the smooth pan of the view...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:09 am

Thank you for clarifying why I love playing this game. I'm a huge fan of Bladerunner and this vid has just pointed out all the elements of the game linked with the film.

Have to agree with Snakebite on the walking into objects issue though, but other than that....

Love it, and keep up the good work :D

Soldatius

Post by Soldatius » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Snakebite wrote:From a technical point of view, try to avoid bumping into things, that slight bump & jolt of the camera detracts from the smooth pan of the view...
Im aware of those bumbs I did. And yes I have to have that in mind when I editing vids.

Thanks a lots for feedbacks. Now Im sit here and thinking about the continue.