Yay.. I have to show this

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:04 pm

Here is my feedback.

B&W is perfect to describe OT's true nature without going overboard. The music even though it's from a different "universe" is close enough to the game's music.

Re-edit the video and remove anything that shows you (or the cameraman) walking through walls or anything that should be solid. Walking over small objects on the ground can be ignored. Otherwise you may want to re-shot the scene and maybe announce when you will do it here and the official forums so you get "actors" to just walk around and add some activity.

That can help with the "human touch" mentioned in other posts. However my opinion is that having players walk around won't be enough to give the scene what it needs.

You need a voice actor, preferably one with a deep voice, or someone who can mimic it.

Here is an example (right after the text "Darkness. Omni-Tek.":

"They don't know the real truth. They see uniforms, ranks, positions of power, their duty.

"They are blind to who really controls it all. Not Omni-Prime, not even the CEO himself.

"Ross knew. He is probably dead. Too little, too late.

"We're under their control. Nobody can stop them.

"The war started before we even found Rubi-Ka. We just didn't know."

If timed right at this point the scene should be the road. Instead of the old pic of Ross, use a pic of one of the Unredeemed.

"They have manipulated humanity to come here, to fight their war, to die for them. We came for profit and adventure. Fools we were.

"Will we ever be free....of the darkness?"

Fade out, end of scene.

Just my opinion.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:42 pm

Don't listen to him! Its a Clan propaganda trick! :P

Soldatius

Post by Soldatius » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:17 pm

Thanks a lot Wind for some very good opinions and sugessions.

Using Ross was the first thing I got in my head to use, but replacing him with one of the Unredeemed was a very good idea that will make it more mystic, methink.

And for the text, thank you. My biggest problem here is to write good, especialy in english.
Knowledge of the past is the key to the future

[img]http://anarchoticwarlords.org/gallery/6 ... _01_36.jpg[/img]

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:39 am

Work out what you want to say, then Post it here, there are plenty of English speakers here...
I'm English with Degree level English as just one example...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:11 am

Snakebite wrote:Work out what you want to say, then Post it here, there are plenty of English speakers here...
Didn't you mean "I'm english with a degree on the english language"?...

I'm from Peru, my english is self taught.
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Windkeeper wrote:Didn't you mean "I'm english with a degree on the english language"?...
No I don't mean that because I do not have a Degree in English, but if I went for it, I could have...
ie. My English is on the same level as someone with a Degree in it... (when I want it to be lol)

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:29 pm

You guys are confusing me and my furriner English!

Soldatius

Post by Soldatius » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:23 pm

Snakebite wrote:Work out what you want to say, then Post it here, there are plenty of English speakers here...
So you mean that if I write what I want to be spoken. Then I should post it here to see if someone are willing to record it?

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:08 pm

I think he was suggesting that someone would correct the text - but you may get an offer for someone to record them speaking it if you didnt want to do it yourself.

We did a really cool audio for OP, I think Jade wrote it, I said it and Suue put the music and voice together. It sounds amazing imo, even though terribly out of date - you are welcome to have a listen : click here to hear sound file

Soldatius

Post by Soldatius » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:29 pm

Ahh.. I see. There you have me, easly misunderstand stuff.

Cool add btw. Tobad the soundquality was not so good.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:39 am

Ukblizzard wrote:We did a really cool audio for OP, I think Jade wrote it, I said it and Suue put the music and voice together. It sounds amazing imo, even though terribly out of date - you are welcome to have a listen : click here to hear sound file
You're a lot 'squeakier' than I imagined...! :lol:

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:19 pm

Ukblizzard wrote:I think he was suggesting that someone would correct the text - but you may get an offer for someone to record them speaking it if you didnt want to do it yourself.

We did a really cool audio for OP, I think Jade wrote it, I said it and Suue put the music and voice together. It sounds amazing imo, even though terribly out of date - you are welcome to have a listen : click here to hear sound file
Heard it, not bad. However the music was a bit too loud. Turn it down a notch, raise her voice a little bit and it would be perfect.

Her accent seems to be english, nice voice =D

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:28 pm

I always told you, I am English :)

Soldatius

Post by Soldatius » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:44 am

I tryed to work more with a continue, but I bumped into a small problem. If you want to have a look at the cut I made. When charachter moves it also moves the camera.

http://anarchoticwarlords.org/movie_test/

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:43 pm

Ok let me analize.

Scene starts with a war room which looks abandoned and rusty. The voice don't make much sense with it. My opinion: scratch it, specially the voice since the script he's reading doesn't make sense.

The you have a still frame pic in which you use one of the paintings to resemble as a screen for either newscast or vid.

In my opinion, doesn't match.

Better a bare wall and use a widescreen semi-transparent video to make it look like a holo image on the wall which would make mose sense in the 30th millenia =D

Use the same voice actor with a better script, his voice IS very good.