What's up with Omni Cities???

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

What's up with Omni Cities???

Post by Snakebite » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:10 am

Ok, if you're Clan (or Neut) eventualy you'll end up in an Omni City (almost certainly looking for a Map Terminal to sell your Phats to)...

So, ignoring Rome, how many Omni (not guards) do you see wandering around???

Omni Trade is the one I go to, now you can normaly find a few (under 10) Omni Player-Characters wandering around doing whatever it is they do (probably filing...) but that's it!

What gives??? There is a great City there just going to waste...

& don't get me started on Omni Entertainment, I once saw 2 Omni PCs in there at the same time, I was so shocked, I flew down (between the guards) & talked to them for the hell of it! (till one of them tried training me with guards lol)

Even Rome doesn't have the same trafic that Old Athen (Omni 2) has, OA is heaving at almost any time of the day...

Zedar2

Post by Zedar2 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:55 am

I think that since they put in a half million guards that hit for 3 million dmg that the servers prolly load balance and space all the Omni's out! :D

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:38 pm

ROFL!

Qiris

Post by Qiris » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:23 pm

I'v been there, it's a dead city...ever on a friday night.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:44 am

But seriously guys...

It has shops, it has good meeting/congregation spots, how come it's just not used?

Xitami

Post by Xitami » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:01 pm

Back in the day, Omni-Ent did get used to an extent. The whompa towers were fun meeting spots for most people. Omni-Trade also got heavily used, but for some reason everyone sorta left there.

Probably because they're large and not everything is as easy to find as it is in other cities.

Tonopa

Post by Tonopa » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:15 pm

Part of the reason for empty cities is that new characters spawn in ICC Shuttleport and Jobe, people no longer have the option to start in the old backyards. Not starting in the old backyards has routed new players past the old large omni cities and placed them in Borealis to a large extent. New gamers tend to play in a very linear fashion, they start at ICC > Subway > ToTW and tend not to explore the game world like alot of people used to do.

Clan side we used to spawn in Tir- hunt Tir County and then fan out, some people liked G Tir Shades - a city now sit where the shades used to be- or Varmit woods- remember the bridge bully ?. When the amnesty was in force clan would go to 20k 800X800 and the Shades in PM as well. Later when sentinal static was added both clan and omni would level there or move over to borgs.

Players used to be spread all over RK, teams used to form at Milo and Fungus in PM, Stanley in VW's or that guy in Mort, Elmer ?

Tonopa

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:22 am

Well, if Omnis not gonna use Ent or Trade, I think the Clans should bid a takeover!!! :lol:

Don't think we can afford the rent tho... lol