Asking for buffs

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:17 am

Best tip is not to use leetspeak if you want buffs, tradeskills or other things.
Many just ignore it since you often have to use half an hour to interpret the message.

"If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes""
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:29 am

Gimpeline wrote:"If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes""
I support this one ;)

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:20 am

indeed... If they're too lazy to type a fully legible polite question, then I'm too lazy to respond ;)

Cephus

Post by Cephus » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:52 am

There are a lot of places where you can go that people willing to do buffs hang out. AO hill, FE, I've seen people hanging out in front of the Subway to give buffs to low level characters, etc.

Personally, anyone who is at least nice about it and doesn't have an entitlement attitude will get one from me and I don't ask for tips. When I was low level, people gave me buffs, now I'm returning the favor.

Heck, I have a backpack filled with weapons I've used in the past that I've outgrown that I'll give away to a lower level toon. When I was starting out, someone just gave me a set of really nice pistols out of the blue, refused any payment, so I do the same for others. I didn't pay for them, why should I charge for them?