Geetings from a froob

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

MickR

Geetings from a froob

Post by MickR » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi all.

Just thought i would say hello. Looking forward to getting stuck into this game :D

One quick question though. Is it possible to play AO in window mode?

Thanks in advance

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:10 pm

One quick answer...

Yes it is...

When you boot the launcher, hit settings on the right hand side, the window mode option is in the center of the first page, undr screen rez...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:11 pm

Hiya and welcome to our forums and to AO!

It certainly is possible to play in windowed mode, thank goodness it is really else my forum reading / msn using / email checking addictions would be a little more tricky :P

When you double click to play AO and get your login screen up, click the settings button. In there is a button to check if you want to play in windowed mode.

Take care and please drop by if you have any more questions!

Best wishes,

Katelin

edit : rah you beat me :p

MickR

Post by MickR » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:26 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome :D and thank you for answering my 1st of probably many questions! lol

I have read as much as i can from the excellent guides and the manual on this site. however *ahem* I have another question :lol:

Is it possible to remove Nano Programs after they have been uploaded? Obviously as your player groes stronger, more powerful programs become available. This means the less useful ones will never be used again. It would save alot of clutter.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:03 pm

It was possible for a brief period to delete uploaded nano programs from your programs menu. At the moment, it is not possible though.

You will just have to use your 10 quickbars to make sure you have the most recent nano positioned on there :) You can remove the nanoprograms from your quickbar just by dragging them back off again.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:52 pm

Welcome to Anarchy Online and AOU, the #1 source for anything related to our favorite sci-fi MMO!

Well, the guys already answered the questions so may as well say that we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about AO, the community, our site and even MMO in general (most of us are veteran gamers).
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

MickR

Post by MickR » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:43 am

Thank you once again

I need to put your expertise to the test again though :D sorry for being a pest!

Im Looking for a Visual T.R.A.C scanner. I'm doing the quest for Inventor Bobic or whatever his name is. I have looked at the guide and as far as im aware it should drop from a Mutilated Claw C22 (I think) However, no matter how many of those things I kill, I can only get the Brain unit from them :( I think the guide I'm looking at maybe slightly mixed up. Or maybe it's me. :lol:

help!

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:13 am

Didn't I hear there was currently a problem with the Bobic quest?

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:31 am

MickR wrote:Is it possible to remove Nano Programs after they have been uploaded? Obviously as your player groes stronger, more powerful programs become available. This means the less useful ones will never be used again. It would save alot of clutter.
As of the 17.1 patch series, you are no longer able to delete Nano Programs. However, the programs can be rearranged by dragging and dropping to whatever category you want. They will appear in their own default categories, but by no means do you have to keep them there. I typically use the Medical category as my "dustbin" of nanos that I don't use. Even on my healing oriented characters, since my favorite and most up-to-date heals are always in my "Favorites" section anyway.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Dagget

Post by Dagget » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:47 am

MickR wrote:Im Looking for a Visual T.R.A.C scanner. I'm doing the quest for Inventor Bobic or whatever his name is. I have looked at the guide and as far as im aware it should drop from a Mutilated Claw C22 (I think) However, no matter how many of those things I kill, I can only get the Brain unit from them :( I think the guide I'm looking at maybe slightly mixed up. Or maybe it's me. :lol:

help!
Mutilated Eye-Q93 type mob - it is the rarest but can be found in the woods NE of Tir City (and elsewhere)
~\_/~\_O

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:53 am

Hahnsoo wrote:
MickR wrote:Is it possible to remove Nano Programs after they have been uploaded? Obviously as your player groes stronger, more powerful programs become available. This means the less useful ones will never be used again. It would save alot of clutter.
As of the 17.1 patch series, you are no longer able to delete Nano Programs. However, the programs can be rearranged by dragging and dropping to whatever category you want. They will appear in their own default categories, but by no means do you have to keep them there. I typically use the Medical category as my "dustbin" of nanos that I don't use. Even on my healing oriented characters, since my favorite and most up-to-date heals are always in my "Favorites" section anyway.
??? You can't delete nanos??? I'm gonna have to check that!

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:56 am

The official version is that they wanted to avoid that their valued customers even get the chance to delete the splendid Phasefront nanos that they paid for with real money.

My personal inofficial version is that after the fixer runspeed buff nerf (pardon me, bug fix), they wanted to make sure that we can't delete GSF, even if it now has no use whatsoever for us personally. But hey, nevermind me, I'm paranoid.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:33 pm

What have they done to GSF like???

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:43 pm

It used to stack with the evades added from the shadowlands runspeed buff. So fixers would cast both buffs for a total of (endgame) +179 evades on Rubi-Ka. Now with the 17.6 patch, Funcom decided to fix this "long standing inconsistency" by making runspeed and evade buffs no longer stackable. The really fun thing with this though is that by fixing an inconsistency, they introduced a good handful of new bugs, one of which being that from the entire aura nano line, only the top one was actually working at all.

But yeah, bottom line is that starting 17.6, there is no reason (for the levelling Fixer) to grab GSF anymore, unless it's about being a friendly person and wanting to buff others. Basically it's like RRFE now.

MickR

Post by MickR » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:53 am

sorry for asking another dunb question, but:

the thermos of hot chocolate you get from Good Time Party Mixer in Newland City, after delivering Brocks Requisition seems to have gone from my inventory.

is this because the mission timer ran out? or did i do something else?