totally lost

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

nelson

totally lost

Post by nelson » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:14 pm

I downloaded AnarchyOnline_17.6.1_epo but windows says it cant open it. I downloaded using torrent as suggested but I cant figure out how to get the game to install/work.

I registered and created my account but like i said im clueless as to how to install or log on, need help please!!! I also have the updated windows xp pack so thats fine.

The version i downloaded btw was the free trial. Torrent gives me the message unable to load "AnarchyOnline_17.6.1_epo" not enough storage space is available.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:04 pm

not enough storage space is available
That would seem to be your problem, looks like your hard drive is full...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

nelson

Post by nelson » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:06 pm

yeah but ive got 8 gig on one and 203 on the other so i dont get it is the download file to install the game bigger than that?!

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:27 pm

Large client with additional maps, help files, couple of account's settings is a bit under 3Gb.

Downloading small client atm to see if I encounter any similar problems. You can try downloading large client and runing that, since you can play for free on it as well (and it will save you some hassle later on if you decide to buy expansions and start paying). But will update on my findings in 30mins if I keep constant download rate.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:13 pm

Worked fine for me...when fully downloaded, I got : AnarchyOnline_17.6.1_EP0

Double l-click (or r-click+open) launched Setup. Clicking next, I got option to choose setup folder and info that I need 1.33GB free space. Another "next" gave me option to get desktop icon, another "next" info on my made choises and "Instal" button. After it was instaled, I let it auto-run and got some disconect/error msg. >But manually launching game, it worked (well, this client is 17.6.1. version, so to actually play game, I should do couple of patches to 17.7.2. first).

Where did you get torrent from? Official site?
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:29 pm

Hmmm... There's been some wierd stuff going on with computers lately that I've personaly had to sort out... (not just with Anarchy) I'm wondering if there's some new viruses going around...

I'd scrap that file you already have & try again, delete it & re-download...
Make sure you're saving to disk & make sure you install to the larger space...

& let us know how it goes...

(Personaly since you do have plenty of space, I'd go for the large client...)
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:04 am

For the love of god, if you are running Vista, don't install into the Program Files directory.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide