OMFG!!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

jay101

OMFG!!

Post by jay101 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:40 pm

Heya all :P
Welp ive been a paying member of AO for almost 3 years now and i love it, just recently for christmas i got a new comp. For the past few days I've been reinstalling every game i have, Since its Vista this is no enjoyable task :/

Down to my problem, When i log on every thing looks fine except my chat box and a few of my buttons on the center consol. When I Shift+click someon the normal window pops up but there is no information, but when i start clicking on things the chat kindof flikers color then dissapears lol. same with any other text on my window.

Please if anyone knows whats wrong or can suggest anything let me know

Koudman

Post by Koudman » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:53 am

You should report this to Funcom!

Link:
http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarc ... ,1009,1027

ISAWHIM

Post by ISAWHIM » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:20 am

Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode, (Vista has options to run games with older "Safe" drivers and settings.)

Sounds like a graphic issue with your card...

What graphic card/chipset to you have?
(Nvidia, Radion, Intel, Other?)

Do you have the latest drivers, for VISTA, and your card type? (Not the ones from windows, from the actual card manufacture. New computers are over a year old, software wise, by the time they hit the shelves.)

Remember, vista itself already has a huge level of unsupported software and hardware. (Not talking about old things here, even new ones just have no chance of ever working, due to Vista's, "Special", operations that just don't function, and are a requirement for hardware that was created to run off software.)

Look for "Write Combining", and try turning that off. (That causes things that are there, to not show, because it THINKS it has been drawn in one of the combines, but because it wasn't, and has no way to check, you just see nothing, or graphic anomalies.)