My Fixer-Stevieb-rk2

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Stevieb

My Fixer-Stevieb-rk2

Post by Stevieb » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:21 pm

When i first came into the world of anarchy, i intended to create a nanomage mp, but after choosing nanomage i deecided to go fixer, and being a noob didnt go back to check it, i was 14. now 16 and my fixer is lvl 208 soon to hit 210 and hoping to arm myself with ofab though i feel i will never be good enough to actually wear 300 ofab, also beeing a bit of a noob stil makes me poor, i cant buy ai armour, and i cant get tier 3 or 2 come to that, currently im wearin odd bits inluding, 175 ofab thats been pnultimised...also...some other bits. cant remember. im not good enough to solo stuff to get t2 for example and today i tried the ado brain quest and i cant even kill the custodian from the 3rd or 4th part. anyway thats just proving gimpness, i can just about use sws7, not quite but i cud if i tried. the point is, my agility and sence suck and i dont know what to do, i have red caseless's +30agil pistols, and kaiser +30agil shotgun, teardrop tl5's, prolli sum other stuff,..yeh perks, in the process of finishing the research i need to help agility and sence. also in inf teams my attack rating is capped for my gun wich is 252 smg, and i have a couple of kmp's quite high ql, any advice would be appreciated, i havent mentioned all of my problem :p but this is mainly it

thank you xx :P

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:08 pm

First of all, slow down with leveling. You don't beat the game when you ding 220, so there's no rush. As a fixer, your main concearned shouldn't be as much armor as evades (who needs armor if mobs miss you?). So if you slow down leveling, you can get time to farm and twink some equipment. In your shoes, I'd first check what symbiots you're using. With basic ability, nanoskills, weaponskills, evades and damage mods they might be smple solution to your problems. Or they'll help you reach your goal.

Earlier I said you should farm a bit also. Most professions get in spot, where they are stuck (can't solo their way towards goal). But you can buy components for T2&3 as well as AI armor. As a fixer you should be in position to blitz old RK missions for rewards fast, selling stuff to gain funds.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Stevieb

Post by Stevieb » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:57 pm

slowing down i kno would help but surely if i get to 210? cos of bs, or is that totally besides the point?
did i mention i was poor...getting t2/t3 is very hard without money, mainly done with good friends. farming rk missions and selling nanos is what i do and my shop is usualy full of nanos, and someetimes other odd bits, im currently trying to get SC rank in org to do ai raid, wich wud porobably gain me funds very quickly, which would help immensely.
but back to point in my opinion t2 or ofab is my option on the armour side and when it comes to evades, what more is ther to do than perks and maxing them?
im also readying myself to put on more betterer symbs

thank you for reply :) reply again please

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:29 pm

At your level, all sorts of blitzing options are available to you. From Flawed Plasteel/Omni-Tek Battle Suits to Animas, you can make a huge amount of no-strings-attached profit from selling shop food to the vendors. There is no reason for a Fixer to be poor, starting at TL4+. You can make 2-4m every HOUR, depending on how quickly you can blitz. At higher mission levels, you don't even need clicksaver, since Animas appear almost every 3 rolls.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Stevieb

Post by Stevieb » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:43 pm

a list of shop food...would include? battlesuits and...animas?
and the stuff for my shop wud be? just exampls, i do roll stuff and do it if it looks any good. im not ciompletely upto date on what costs a lot and what doesnt...only till i roll it, it looks good, i chek gms costa and it sucks :p most of the time
tyvm, reply again soon pls

Stevieb

Post by Stevieb » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:16 am

im now upto 800 agil, wearing devalos sleeves as well for ungimpiness on the nano side, so im wearing sws 7 wich id say is fairly good. so...yeh stuff that costs and shop food will be good helpful info, is s10 a good source of money? or is ai raiding better? just general q

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:16 am

Well, since theres just too many items that are "Shop Food," Here are items that are worth selling.

Rollable Items:

QL10 Concrete Cusions
QL1-10 Second Hand Old English Trading Co. Pistols
QL 51-54 Pillow with Important Stripes
QL 1-10 Tear Soaked Pillow With Important Stripes

Items to find in dungeons:

Ring of Nucleous Basalis (Low req, preferred Modifier +7 or lower NCU)
Juggler's Treat
IS Passes
Morphing Memory (Low QL)

There is a lot more but none come to mind.

But they all roughly sell for about 10k-200k depending on item.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:46 am

You used to be able to sell a full med suit (preferably in a choice of male or female) to the clanners for 100k+, all you need is an omni char to go buy the stuff & be ready to sell it on no notice at all!!!
I made millions like that, & there's always some high lvl char that wants one RIGHT NOW & dumps you a mill or 2...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:15 am

When I say "Shop Food", I mean stuff that you sell to a vendor for cash, without having to wait for a buyer. You can make a LOT more money this way than trying to sell on the player markets, simply because the items are relatively easy to roll and you simply sell them to a convenient shop. Just keep rolling missions with Animas (nano crystals with "Anima" in the name), Battle Suits (Plasteel and Omni-Tek are the most profitable ones), and run the mission. DON'T KILL ANYTHING. Just run, grab the good, and use Reckless Digitization or something similar to escape. With practice, you can get this cycle down to 10 minutes or less per mission. Each item sells for 100-400k to the shop, not including the credits you get for "completing" the mission. This is called Blitzing, and it is the fastest and best source of credits you can get, and Fixers are the best at it (their entire profession is built around this activity).
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Stevieb

Post by Stevieb » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:43 pm

im not atotal noob i know what blitzing is, i know all the concrete cushies and stuff. i got to 140 before i started paying for the game. and i know what the term shop food means, but thatnk you for the best stuff, it might help, but unfortunatley i dont wana spend every day rolling and blitzing i do it about once a week and fuill my shop...and i used to do social clothign quests and sell that stuff, which is much quicker money, but stil not very quick, to my knowledge ai raid general loot is the best or stuff like that eg the bots, not viralbots, but the rest.

im not asking for help because i know nothing, im asking for help because what im told is that ther are 31 nanomage fixers, and 6 at 220, and that twinking is next to impossible, my ask from everybody was what am i to do???

Stevieb

Post by Stevieb » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:50 am

WAY! being early im no annoyed at nm fixerness yet, but i have looked into my odds, and with 8 more research, 40 hours reperk, health attunement, hadrulf's belt and feline grace, i will have just under 1k of agility, but i need 2 levels to wear the belt so +20 more from the level and thatl tot me up to around 1014 without changing my clothing.

Stevieb

Post by Stevieb » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:22 am

im am now 213, with a 300 kmp type for burst and fling, dualed with a 300 hawk mk3, wich is all very nice but stil my amour sucks. its mostly emphasised when taking on a pen/inf mish mob wich is very frustrating as it probably should be for anyone but stil...yeh...my balance is 153mil wich is nice :P
research is almost doen too inaway, im researchin 10, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9
wich is also very nice and contributed alot to getin ym guns on.
mmm thats the last feedback on this topic :P

p.s. new graphics engine looks lush
p.s.s why cnt rb rr and rg be made one pf itd be so much easier

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:35 am

Grats on getting your guns on Stevieb, but you obviously don't need to stop there...
There's all the nice Pande stuffz to collect (my 220 engi is just looking at those now, & it's not the lagfest it was back when all this stuff was newish..), & if you have LE, there's the ofab stuff, I've not even looked at those yet lol, weapons are supposed to be better than the alium stuff (sigh...)
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

cheechmarin

Post by cheechmarin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:37 pm

stevie, buddy, my suggestion, talk to weas. he goes to ado and pen cata constantly, he might help you get the wills needed to get t2, as far as t3 goes, go to pande and do a few raids, those drop constantly. gz on the credz. if you ever want to do a raid, ask me i would love to help, plus i can most likely combine the armor pieces if any bots drop. on the sad note, i can play only sometimes, and will try to be ingame more often but not sure how that will work out.