Ferrell's Twelve Days of Christmas

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:37 pm

It's that time of year again, and the world is celebrating the Holidays. In the spirit of the season, I have decided to make a fun little contest to spread goodwill and cheer. I will give away 2 million credits every day from December 25th to January 5th. Each day, I will give the credits to a different person.

What's the catch? First of all, the people who will receive the money must be nominated by someone else. You cannot nominate yourself... you must know someone, either in real life who plays AO or someone in-game, and you must give a reason why this person deserves the credits. I am looking for stories of folks who have the Christmas Spirit, either during this season or year-round. This could be a story about a real-life incident or an event in-game which touched your heart. I am looking for things like Kindness, Generosity, Paying it Forward, all those things that make this season special in our hearts. Lastly, the person must be on either RK1 or RK2 (Thanks, Snarfblatt!).

Please send all of your nominations and stories to this e-mail address:
Ferrell.AO@gmail.com

Be sure to include your in-game name and your nominee's in-game name (other information, like profession and current level can be helpful, in the event that I can't find you online). Oh, and be sure to list what dimension you are from, since this contest is cross-dimensional now. Selections will be made on Christmas Day, but I will continue to read entries until the last day of the contest.

If your entry is selected, then I will contact both you and your nominee by private message, and we can schedule a meet for delivering the gift. I will also post your story on a thread in the AOFroobs and AO-Universe forums.

To some people, 2 million credits may not be a lot. To others, it may be more money than they have ever seen in the game. The point is not the amount of money, but the spirit of the season, in my opinion.

EDIT: Snarfblatt has generously offered to extend the contest to RK2 by sponsoring the credits there, as long as I do all of the work. *grin* The contest is now officially for both RK1 and RK2. Is there anyone who wants to extend the contest to DNW as well? :D
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:38 pm

For the first day of Christmas (December 25):
I got a story from a MP who wishes to remain anonymous. He was standing in Athens, hoping to cast buffs for tips. However, he was out of luck, as no one needed his buffs, and he really needed the money. He was about to give up, but before he logged off for the night, he cast all of his MP buffs on everyone in the vicinity. One of the people said, " HEY! I have a gift for you!"

That person was named Mandapanda. He said "Thank you", and then he opened a transfer window, typing 10 million in it. The MP refused, but Mandapanda insisted. It really made the author's day.

The author writes:
What made me remember him out of all the others was not the amount but his sincerity. I talked a while with him, and saw that he was giving something out because someone else had given him something in the past. He didn't want anything from me or from anyone else- he simply wanted to give. At that particular moment.
If you are back from the holidays and in Rubi-Ka, I'll try to flag you down and give you the prize. Merry Christmas!

For the 2nd day of Christmas (December 26th):
On RK2, a person who goes by the name of Fxrluv says the following:
I would like to nominate a 210 Nanomage Female MP by the name of Michuamage.

She is a general of Destiny Realized and is a super person, always willing to help others and super grateful to anyone who helps her. Ive had the pleasure of teaming her many times and I know she doesnt have anywhere near the gear of Most people. I hear her say shes hunting dynas for credits and I know she sould use the 2m credits and would be most grateful.
For being a super person, you have just won 2m credits. Snarfblatt will have to track you down, though, because you are on RK2. Merry Xmas!

For the 3rd day of Christmas (December 27th):
On RK1, another poster who wishes to remain anonymous has nominated Develenfo for the contest. He writes:
I was looking for a yalm all month, to no avail. Develenfo held a Yalm in Rome Green for many people and didn't receive many tips. I was able to buy a Yalm, but I didn't have much money left over, so I couldn't tip him. It was really nice of him to hold that Yalm booth for me and for everyone, and so I want to reward him in some small way.
Congratulations, Develenfo. You are the winner of 2 million credits for your kind act.

For the 4th day of Christmas (December 28th):
Another RK1 winner, this person is well-known to me, as he is one of my orgmates. He is one of the few folks who has several story submissions on him (and not all from my org), so I figured he deserved one of the prizes (and at least this way, he'll HAVE to take my money *grin*). It is none other than one of our AOFroobs moderators, Weepingwillow AKA Gridpain.
He selflessly helps everyone around him, and he's a lot of fun to team with. I can think of no better person to deserve a spotlight, even if he doesn't necessarily need the money.
Congratulations, Gridpain.

For the 5th day of Christmas (December 29th):
Hailing from RK1, Pocketfluff is a 200 Froob with a great attitude. An anonymous poster writes:
I nomiate Pocketfluff, from the omni org ~ NaTaS ~. She is a 200 Martial Artist froob who is known for wearing big sunglasses and just beeing a cheery person all around. her funny acts always bring a smile to my face. grate dancer at GSP parties, too.
Congratulations, Pocketfluff. You win 2 million credits, maybe to buy those phats that you've been advertising on OT shopping. :D
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:02 am

Unsticky this, please. The contest is now closed. We had 5 nominees, out of the possible 12 days, and I'm happy with the results. Congratulations to all who won out there, and I hope everyone had a happy holiday. Maybe we'll fill all 12 days next year. *grin*

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:56 am

Done... :D
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!