Maybe you guys need a raidbot of somekind

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Ozzy Bourke

Maybe you guys need a raidbot of somekind

Post by Ozzy Bourke » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:14 pm

trying to think of a good way to word this, but the gist of it, is the froobs could really benefit from a froob orientated raidbot.
a lot of the harder encounters on rk are rarely raided these days, (usually as there are better sl or ai items out there easier to get)
or are only raided on a guild basis. I'm talking about things like Mercs, smug/eel, Dust brigade generals, hollow island and so on.
not only would this benefit the froob community AS a community (ie, regularly meeting and working alongside other froobs) but it would also hopefully raise the general ao community's respect for the froobs, seeing them running around in otaf, sentinels, azure reveries and etcetera.
now, i have no clue how you'd go about making something like this actually happen,
but im throwing this idea out in the hope someone with a clue picks it up and makes it work.
any feedback on why it would or wouldnt work are appreciated, as well as any better ideas.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:25 pm

Unfortunately I must inform you, that the players with SL & AI still raid those mobs and locations, to use the items for alts which are under llvl 200.

And the chances of anyone OD'ing (outdamaging) those high levels is unlikely.

However nothing stops a fr00b from looking so see if a mob is up and gather a team to take it down.

Being prepared ahead of time is good, like 'hey lets form a strong team, if XXX is up we go take it, if not we can do something else'.

Options are always good.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Ozzy Bourke

Post by Ozzy Bourke » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:30 pm

yeah, i know a lot of the ones i mentioned are raided, particulary hollow island, but theres a plethora of less famous ones that can go weeks without someone even thinking of raiding them, that still have some very nice items for non sl players. ontop of that, even hollow island isnt camped 24/7, and having an established bot ready for times when it's available would greatly increase the chances of froobs getting some of the nicer rk stuff witout having to rely on shadowlevel players to do all the work for them.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:54 pm

Yeah, my Org has remarkably few fr00bs, but we often do HI, Eel, Merks (don't remember us doing the Dust Brigade but I've only been in for 8 Months & it's an ooooold Org).

Mostly we do these as Org Raids only, but occasionaly with bots & other orgs.

However, I have noticed that HI is often deserted & all you need is some poo to get it going...! :lol:

This might well be worth the effort to do, seeing fr00bs as an organised group would build some respect... 8)

Ozzy Bourke

Post by Ozzy Bourke » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:32 pm

If this was to get underway, i think dusties would be a good start to get warmed up on. Hardly raided these days, but they drop things like Dust Brigade Armour, maybe not as nice as, say, azure reveries, but still a clear cut above the average froob setup

Auctoria

Post by Auctoria » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:50 pm

The idea of a RK raid bot for fr00bs sounds nice, i'm still trying to pick up a merc team. . .

But is that the only/best solution? arnt we, as fr00bs, looking to be integrated into the community with paying accounts not trying to seperate ourselves from it. What would be best in my opinion is a functional raidbot, open to all, that doesnt have a 200+ level requirement (seems to me that paying players may have put that on to keep fr00bs out).

A raid bot available to expanded accounts as well would make available stronger characters (ie 200+) but still allow fr00b accounts to have a chance at the loot (through a raid point or loot rolling system)

Anyone know of any bots like this up and running? (on RK1 or any other server)
TL6 Trox Enforcer
Shadow Company
Proud to be Fr00b

Unkala

Post by Unkala » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:34 am

Auctoria wrote:arnt we, as fr00bs, looking to be integrated into the community with paying accounts not trying to seperate ourselves from it.
There's "integrated into the community" -- sharing strategies, tradeskilling, organizing raids among players with similar capabilities -- and there is playing together on the same teams. Expansion-only gear and perks superpower characters beyond the point where fr00bs in their teams can contribute anything.

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:02 am

Auctoria wrote:A raid bot available to expanded accounts as well would make available stronger characters (ie 200+) but still allow fr00b accounts to have a chance at the loot (through a raid point or loot rolling system)

Anyone know of any bots like this up and running? (on RK1 or any other server)
No, as far as I know there are none, on either server. Dont count on my word for rk2, but for rk1 there is none. Unless you count Tnet for Clan or Omnicom or whatever Omni bot does Tara nowadays. Thats the only bot I can think of that would allow froobs to get points for loot. However, people have a crapload of points on Tnet who are dying for their GPH's or DChests, so if froobs got into Tara they would have to farm a good amount of points to get any loot.

In the pre-SL days there was Raidsnet on rk1, it shortly died after the release of SL when people were no longer dependent on raidbots to do mercs, HI, etc.

I see a fr00b bot (doesn't even have to be a fr00b only bot, just a bot that at least benefits fr00bs but can include expansion players) as the only way possible to easily raid the larger RK raids. Unless there are froob only or froob majority orgs that grow into the pre-SL Storm, Redemption, WZE size/power, I don't see any other way besides a raidbot for froobs to easily obtain these items. That is, without saying, that you don't know anyone in a mainly subscription org that wont invite you to join their raids
Imatroxdoc, 188/12 Atrox Doctor, Omni, Squad Commander of Band of Little Brothers
Ruffixx, 136/13 Opifex Fixer, Omni, Unit Member of Obsidian Order

Former account open for now:
Imadoctor, 208/11 Solitus Doctor
Frieloc, 205/8 Soltius Adventurer

All Altantean.

Banguela
AOU Webcomic Artist

Post by Banguela » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:34 am

There is a raidbot in RK-1 that still running but is inactive.

It's called acom and was used to raid RK. It's an excellent bot with all the info about raids and describes loot, locations, etc... I remember getting my OTAF tank from them. They use to have 2-3 raids a day with 30-50 ppl each. There is so many enconters in RK that will need a good raid force (if fr00bs).

With the uberness of SL items and new perks and lvl it has stopped.

What you fr00bs could do is get in touch with one of the leaders/adm and ask for help.

It could be an open bot for fr00bs and for expansion players too, since some still need loot for alts.

From the top of my mind I remember 2 leaders that still active: Coen and Gonoc.

Only thing is that this bot usued to be mainly omni/neutral.

Auctoria

Post by Auctoria » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:06 pm

i had a quick chat to Coen in game today about acom and the possibility for a RK raidbot. A couple of things became evident to me from this chat the main one being: a RK raidbot wont become active or really be needed unless there is sufficient demand for it. Yes there are a few of us high level fr00bs who would love to get raiding however in the grand sceme of things we are few and far between, spread between servers and timezones such that getting the numbers to support a raid bot isnt really realistic. Our best chance is to get into a well established org which already carries out raids on RK and tag along, unless there is a shift of people staying fr00b till higher levels i imagine its going to remain this way.
TL6 Trox Enforcer
Shadow Company
Proud to be Fr00b

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:01 am

Ah yes Acom - I forgot that in pre-SL times :P Raidsnet was the Clan bot but afaik it didn't shun omnis away too much...

I think they should revive Acom then, or start a new raidbot, not just for fr00bs, but also for the people who aren't in power orgs that can do whatever they want. I'm sure if they announce it and open it to the people that there would be a decent sized raid force no matter what time/day. I guess you could say my rk1 org is a "power" org, even though we aren't raidwhores or care about loot we can raid anything (even Pande/APF with enough on) its still not easy sometimes to get a Mercs raid going because some people are just too lazy to bother with spawning Otac since they don't need anything from there.

So I still say on rk1 (definitely on rk2 with more higher froobs) that it would be possible and even a good thing to start or resurrect a raidbot for RK raids.
Imatroxdoc, 188/12 Atrox Doctor, Omni, Squad Commander of Band of Little Brothers
Ruffixx, 136/13 Opifex Fixer, Omni, Unit Member of Obsidian Order

Former account open for now:
Imadoctor, 208/11 Solitus Doctor
Frieloc, 205/8 Soltius Adventurer

All Altantean.

Ozzy Bourke

Post by Ozzy Bourke » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:08 pm

also, having an active raidbot that raids the kind of stuff they need, would be an incentive for more froobs to stick it out and reach higher level. if an existing raidbot cant be revived, then i still think its worth implementing "Froobnet" or something, and starting small (backyard bosses if needed :))

IHaveAHugeNick

Post by IHaveAHugeNick » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:55 am

Bump for RK1 raidbot :wink:
Alcoydel - Engineer 191lvl omni@RK1, General of Gwardia Honorowa

When everything else fails, read the instructions. ;]

Shamasu

Post by Shamasu » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:46 am

This is something I've been wondering about myself.

[shamless plug]
Join our org... Froobs But Intelligent. If we can get enough ppl on at
any given time we can arrange our own raids. :)
do /tell fbinetwork !join (RK2)
or
/tell fbinetwork1 !join (RK1)
and go from there

We have something like 300(RK2)+100(RK1) members according to the list but only couple are on at any given time.

Our org is on both servers and we can talk between the two via the bot. The more the merrier right?
[/shamless plug]

Draconi, lvl160ish NT

joey12344

Post by joey12344 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:16 pm

yeah if you wish i could help compile a custom bot for froob mobs and host it ;) if it will help the froob community then yeah ill do it