Article: Froob For Life #4: Pier Jobe Imports

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Hahnsoo

Article: Froob For Life #4: Pier Jobe Imports

Post by Hahnsoo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:04 pm

This thread is to discuss the Article: "Froob For Life #4: Pier Jobe Imports"
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:52 pm

Very good article Hahnsoo..... I did find one problem in one of the url's you posted...

Focus Funnelers
The Focus-Funneling Device is a useful item from the Crypt of Home that buffs tradeskills. There are parts in the Shadowlands that drop from some of the dyna bosses there that can upgrade this humble device. The Focus-Funneling Spirit can be combined with the Focus-Funneling Device to become a Primitive Focus-Funneling Helper. With two different Spirit Training Programs, this Focus-Funneling Helper can be trained to reside in HUD1 or HUD3, through the Loving and Rancorous Focus-Funneling Helpers.

thought I'd point it out... keep up the good work.
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:51 pm

Nadab wrote:Very good article Hahnsoo..... I did find one problem in one of the url's you posted...

Focus Funnelers
The Focus-Funneling Device is a useful item from the Crypt of Home that buffs tradeskills. There are parts in the Shadowlands that drop from some of the dyna bosses there that can upgrade this humble device. The Focus-Funneling Spirit can be combined with the Focus-Funneling Device to become a Primitive Focus-Funneling Helper. With two different Spirit Training Programs, this Focus-Funneling Helper can be trained to reside in HUD1 or HUD3, through the Loving and Rancorous Focus-Funneling Helpers.

thought I'd point it out... keep up the good work.
D'oh! I'll fix it real quick for ya.

EDIT: Fixed. I don't know how that slipped through, as I repaired the link in a PREVIOUS version of my article. :-P *shakes fist at leet gremlins*
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

JUngleGeorge

Great list

Post by JUngleGeorge » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Excellent article on items usable by Froobs that come from the Shadowlands.

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:53 am

while you flame me, keep in mind that i, as individual, will find this useful. but, that i, as part of the community, will be bitten in the ass when it comes back:

somethings, like tobacco, alcohol and froobness can't (and probably shouldn't) be removed. but, advertising them could be beyond the line of good.

i think the idea was giving subscribers things to brag to froobs, and then share to froobs, as a mean of promoting the expansions. (much like the perfectly blent ingame ad :) Ultiimately, it would serve to equip twinks, but a side effect.

supporting froobness too much is bad for the game :o

you can start flaming :)

Tonopa

Post by Tonopa » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:49 am

You know whats bad for the game? Funcom not developing and releasing full content expansion packs. Everquest launched approx. 1.5 years before AO and now has 16 expansions - 2 of which could be considered boosters.

In comparison, AO has 1 full expansion and 4 boosters.

Now, wheres my cigar and whiskey?

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:39 am

Even though the post was necro'd, let's try to stay on topic please :)

Thank you