Considering a return

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

jables

Considering a return

Post by jables » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:43 pm

I am thinking of re-activating one of my AO accounts, but am trying to decide which. On one my highest toon is a 165ish trader and on the other its a 185ish NT. When I left the game, both of these classes were plagued with issues, the main one to me being that they both were not desirable in groups. So has anything changed with either or both of these?

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:29 pm

Well, it's a been a few days and didn't want your post sitting here all by itself like no one cares. I just bet no one has enough personal data for a response. My main is an engineer (189 currently). I get around one invitation every six months, and that is from someone wanting Carbonum armor made first lol. I can't imagine any class getting less invitations than an engineer, so, NT and Traders are at least not THE bottom, as that position is filled.

You could always just jump in for one month and try it, that what I did and had such a blast just me and my wife that playing with my crappy org didn't really matter. It's only the price of pizza and a soda.

Either way, best of luck.

Oz

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:53 pm

I believe the trader would be best, but only for giving out wrangles in bor.

However there are uses for them in teams for Umbrals and good damage output.

But the NT is always good for Kiting and if you have SL, then you can cast Phychic buffs.

But like i said, i think maybe you should start with your trader first then get used to the changes made.

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:13 pm

Don't you belive what it's said about traders. They can do some damage, but only if they sacrifice other skills. Can't comment on getting team tho.

Since it appears you have payed account (or else there wouldn't be anything preventing you to check situation for yourself), I suggest you make yourself froob account. While you won't be able to experience most changes first-hand, you'll still get the pulse of community and can ask those questions ingame (for example when teaming someone who's leveling alt)
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:13 am

With little personal experience, I'd say the trader is the best option too...

But I gotta agree with Ozzie585, my main is a lvl220 Engi...
Getting teams when you're lvl90-100 is easy, everyone wants you if you've levered on the lvl200 slayer, but after that, you can't get a team if you beg lol.
But by god do ppl love you for your tradeskills, & this is where the trader comes back in, all your tradeskills are green, damnit!!!
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Nyteshade

Post by Nyteshade » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:32 am

No matter what character you make, as long as you have great org support I'm sure you can find a team within the org and level your heart out! Best of luck :)
Imprecation 220/20 Soldier Nursesin 220/22 Doctor
Nytedita 219/15 Adventurer Kimoko 220/15 Bureaucrat
Jenovasson 220/15 Enforcer
Yes we're recruiting! -=Power Overwhelming=- on RK2

Lunarspell

Post by Lunarspell » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:22 am

Been kind of thinking of a return visit too.

Anyway with all the changes (I left post-AI but pre-LE) and not having played for so long is it worth starting from scratch do you think?
Or just pick up my advy and maybe just get back into it doing easy stuff?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:14 pm

Try your Advy, find some of your old friends & see if they wanna go kill something...

Your biggest headache will be your preffs, sorting out all your nanos & stuff, that's gonna take you a couple of hours lol.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!