I turned Froob

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Frieloc

I turned Froob

Post by Frieloc » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:53 am

Why would you say? Turn froob after having 2 tl7 characters + a couple chars almost tl6 and others? Well, RL issues have strapped me money wise, and with all the bugs that SL/AI still has (funny that the AO only client for free players have less bugs than the paying customers) along with just not having enough time to play (school, work, actually having a RL) has caused me to come to the decision that paying to play AO really isnt even close to worth it. I even switched dimensions to rk2, because I know theres a much larger free account player base (mainly due to login being default on rk2) and also they seemed to have progressed more and just seem to have better general knowledge of the game.

Many people question me to see if I've gone mad or something :P I actually like playing AO the old way that we did pre-SL all those fun times. Sure, leveling is definitely slower once you get into your mid tl3 or so, but the gameplay is just something refreshing from the repetitve grinds of SL and AI. I enjoy taking my time doing things without any need to be "teh ubah w/ 300 combined and omgzz1!" and what not, but just have fun doing little quests I forgot about and roaming zones I've long forgot about. This post was pretty useless, but just giving some more topics in the froob forum. I really hate how FC blocks out cancelled accounts from forums (yeah, wtf is up with that? how come I see peoples sig's with "Account Cancelled <ages ago>" and they still can post? This was before the 30 free day return offer too. It blocks me) so I hope you guys spam/bump the thread on the AO forums to get more people to use this, it could prove to be a great asset to the free player community
Imatroxdoc, 188/12 Atrox Doctor, Omni, Squad Commander of Band of Little Brothers
Ruffixx, 136/13 Opifex Fixer, Omni, Unit Member of Obsidian Order

Former account open for now:
Imadoctor, 208/11 Solitus Doctor
Frieloc, 205/8 Soltius Adventurer

All Altantean.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:29 am

Well it's hard for me as 217/17 agent to go fr00b, even tho I do remember the pre NW/SL/AI with fond memories (even tho then the game was more buggy in my eyes).

Enjoy AO in any shape, way or form I say!
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:50 pm

I'm too addicted to all out quit, so I figured just playing a froob could keep my addiction in check :P . I transferred all creds and non-nodrop phats to another froob account mule of mine so I have plenty of equip at my will heh. GA1 on my fixer - all I need on RK to pwn basically. Its fun times
Imatroxdoc, 188/12 Atrox Doctor, Omni, Squad Commander of Band of Little Brothers

All Altantean.

Auctoria

Post by Auctoria » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:01 pm

Welcome to Fr00bdom Frieloc, hope it treats you well

look forward to seeing you in missions

Auct
TL6 Trox Enforcer
Shadow Company
Proud to be Fr00b

kuahji

Post by kuahji » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:30 pm

hehe I also recently went fr00b. I can't imagine paying $15 a month just for a game I'm going to play an hour or two a week.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:55 pm

I think the Perks alone are worth the subscription fee... Then you get to all the realy nice equpment... :lol:

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:56 am

Kuahji understands, and hes a nice forum troller too :lol:

For the lack of time that I have to play AO, paying for it isn't too worthwhile with RL expenses that I need to deal with and a minimal (almost nonexistant) income.

However, I have 0 will power when it comes to AO since its been my online addiction (and online crack) for a good 3 years now. You can find me on my newly re-subscribed main account on rk2 under Frieloc, a brand spanking new 20/2 Opifex Pistol Adventurer. How long it'll be open? Who knows.

All Altantean.

Jujuwalker

Post by Jujuwalker » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:41 pm

I started playing this game back in 2002, and eventually quit it to go play other things.... when i heard about the free offer, i figured i might as well play... and when i found out i could reactivate my old account under that offer... well hilariousness ensued.

I've been playing as a froob with vet points, and to me this is still worth it. Sure there's things that limit me somewhat ( for example : no perks, some interesting widgets and all being AI/SL) but as a neutral i'm not in the habit of doing any pvp or anything, so to me, i'm not losing on anything.

And say what you want, but 90% of the people playing this game never really explored zones like the eastern foul and all those other crazy zones and all.

Most of them have never been to argentum, or any of the other cities of 4 holes. I betcha their perception of andromeda is that it's ICC and the alien landing pad... and that's it. I know better. i've explored those places. i've actually ran from newland to omni-1. Not flew... ran.

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:54 pm

You got your vet points on free account? How? WTB :P I wouldn't mind never having to ever buy a yalm again for new toons and just Vet Shop it.

Exploring RK is so much fun, I forgot all of those things shortly after SL came out. I love hopping on my Adv or Fix and just running around and doing the little quests everyone ignores and just investigating things. AO is so much more fun that way. Leveling is a little bit slower, but thats definitely not everything in the game. I extended my subscription account for a month longer until 12/19 then I'm done for good, since I have no money left to pay for AO. I will barely ever even use my paid account since I have midterms among other things happening in the next month.

Fr00b ftw :)

All Altantean.

Dilwica

Post by Dilwica » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:48 am

I did the same thing, and other than missing the comp nanos, I love the fr00bs. I spent most of my time on RK anyway.

Three cheers for fr00bie dom!
:)

Satertek

Post by Satertek » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:39 am

Yea I also just cancelled to go froob (probably only for a month or two though :roll: ). And yea its almost like playing an entirely different game. With SL, I very rarely got around to doing anything on RK. Plan on rolling a new Fixer soon and it'll be fun leveling the old fashioned way on missions and borgs :P
Cania 192/12 Shade RK2
Satertek 121/5 Doctor RK2
Mishon 129/0 Trader RK2 Froob
Blizt 173/0 Fixer RK2 Froob

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:58 am

Well I see that you're on rk2. I'm trying to get some roots established on rk2 so if you ever roll a new alt on rk2 let me know because I have a few lowbies on rk2 but haven't been able to find a good group of people to team with or a good org to join to really make me want to play Rimor whenever I do get the time to play AO.

All Altantean.

Satertek

Post by Satertek » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:22 pm

Yea rolled 2 new chars in the past couple weeks. Also check out Weiland Yutani, you'll find us usually at RBB :)
Cania 192/12 Shade RK2
Satertek 121/5 Doctor RK2
Mishon 129/0 Trader RK2 Froob
Blizt 173/0 Fixer RK2 Froob

Zenna

Post by Zenna » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:56 pm

Jujuwalker wrote:I started playing this game back in 2002, and eventually quit it to go play other things.... when i heard about the free offer, i figured i might as well play... and when i found out i could reactivate my old account under that offer... well hilariousness ensued.

I've been playing as a froob with vet points, and to me this is still worth it. Sure there's things that limit me somewhat ( for example : no perks, some interesting widgets and all being AI/SL) but as a neutral i'm not in the habit of doing any pvp or anything, so to me, i'm not losing on anything.

And say what you want, but 90% of the people playing this game never really explored zones like the eastern foul and all those other crazy zones and all.

Most of them have never been to argentum, or any of the other cities of 4 holes. I betcha their perception of andromeda is that it's ICC and the alien landing pad... and that's it. I know better. i've explored those places. i've actually ran from newland to omni-1. Not flew... ran.

Hi,
I was searching for some info about just this thing....turning an old paying account into a froob account..so how exactly would I go about this?

Thanks! :)

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:08 pm

You can't change a paying account into a froob account.

People who have "become froobs" from paying, have made new accounts.