Help us to help you!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Help us to help you!

Post by Ukblizzard » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:22 pm

Khuri and I, as I am sure you read, were taken on to this site to aid with creation of the bits people dont realise are there and also to make it look pretty.

I suppose our main starting point is the workings of this site and how you navigate around it.

A few of you have expressed that you are really happy with the site as Windguaerd has made it, I have to admit it has been created very quickly.. but what is it exactly that you like about it that we can carry forward as we work on the site.

If you like every single little thing about it, then obviously Khuri and I will just go back to Omni-Pol's admissions office and continue with our paperwork..

But from the color scheme to the features you think should be included with the navigation, the structure and the workings of this website we want to know.

If you have seen a feature you like on another website (even non AO related) what was it.. will it be useful for this site.

If you have absolutely no idea what you think we should try but want us to just be creative and make something for us.. then we will. But as this is for the community, we want some ideas to make sure that it is the epitomy of all websites *cough* ... we can dream huh...

We look forward to reading your responses,

Ukblizzard and Khuri

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:42 am

If you like every single little thing about it, then obviously Khuri and I will just go back to Omni-Pol's admissions office and continue with our paperwork..
*cough Omni, Penpushing Opressors cough* :wink:

I like the colour of the main Site, reminds me of RK it's self...
Sandy & full of wierd Creatures...! :lol:

I've not come across anything on the Site I don't like the look of yet, all my sugestions would be about these Forums...

1/ Switch to Invision PowerBoard (I just think it's a better Forum (better user functionality & a much better Admin & Moderator Control Panel))
2/ Mod the Board Skin to match the main Site
3/ ... Well, that's about it realy, just make it look real nice like the site...

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:09 pm

Thank you for the comments :)

I just noticed I have a title that I cannot live up to, you know if I was to try and recode the work Khuri did in the OT site I would just curl up and wish to be in a better place, so .. I am pretty sure Webdesigner would be closer to being correct tho :D

I guess we go with the
just make it look real nice
any further comments would be appreciated

Sefus

Post by Sefus » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:41 pm

Snakebite wrote:I've not come across anything on the Site I don't like the look of yet, all my sugestions would be about these Forums...

2/ Mod the Board Skin to match the main Site
3/ ... Well, that's about it realy, just make it look real nice like the site...
I have to agree about the color of the board skin. It would be nice if you could match them but if not just something a lil darker maybe. I've never been a fan of plain bright white/silver/pearl.

Oh and make it look really nice. Maybe a more distinct sidebar for the links on the main site, to separate them a bit but thats all I can think of.

and just make it look really nice :D

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:48 pm

oooh... Just thought of one...

The list of links on the left hand side starts imidiately in the window, could it be made so there is a realy small space between the side of the window & where the writing starts?

Qiris

Post by Qiris » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:22 pm

roar It is doable. :twisted: