Navigation in Shadowlands

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

harllequin

Navigation in Shadowlands

Post by harllequin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:07 pm

Hi guys could anyone please help.

I've just entered the second island in the Shadowlands, Elysium.

Is there a quick way to get back and forth from RK to Elysium other than going past good old ergo each time?

Cheers guys in advance.

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:14 pm

As for getting back to RK from the SL fast, save up your Vertan points and buy a Recall Becon from the terminal. As for getting back to Essylum directly, im not sure. Just buy both, SL and RK recall becons, although the SL might not be required as much because there is a lot of Jobe Whoompahs.

I am a froob, but i hope i know what it is im talking about :)

harllequin

Post by harllequin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:18 pm

That wouldnt be too bad for me as I have vet points but the better half has just started.

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:26 pm

Ahh, well i was told back when i had SL (wasnt too long ago) that it is hard to get VP's when your level 25 and lower. But it is possible, just keep doing BS's or whatever it is people do to get them.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:23 pm

Veteran Points and Victory Points are two entirely different things. Veteran Points do allow the purchase of the beacon, Victory Points are what you amass from the battle stations and Lost Edden Missions. The use of the beacon to shadowlands requires you to have the garden key of your preferred destination)

As for getting to Elysium, there are a few options -

You can go to the ports by paying the guard to get through via either The Plaza or The Market from Jobe Platform.

If you have a garden key for Elysium you can use the broken statues on Rubi Ka to teleport yourself to the garden.

Also if you have the garden key for Nascence and for Elysium, you can go via the Frontier Bridge from Jobe Harbour, then into the garden, then use your Elysium garden key on the vibrating statue in the garden.

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:32 pm

The other popular option for SL content is saving in a garden, then simply dying or terminating to get back to the garden. It is important to do this when you don't have a garden key for the zone, so you don't have to continually farm Insignias. Most folks get to the Garden, save, then make sure they don't save anywhere else while they go about getting the key for the Garden. Some folks don't even bother to get the Garden key, if they don't intend to spend much time in that particular zone of SL.

I'm not sure if you can use your Ergo rings on the broken statues as well. These broken statues on RK are listed on most third-party maps (like CSP or Atlas of Rubi-Ka).

Yeah, I know. I'm a froob. But I hear about it ALL the time on org chat. :-P
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Shabbadoo

Post by Shabbadoo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:08 pm

I usually access through The Market as it's the cheapest at 10k and once I accessed through Ergo south of Reet Retreat but I can't remember where it puts you.

Returning, if desperate, I've jumped off!!! but usually I exit via Ely Garden to Whispervale then back up the ramp at Port Seven or to The Divide then up the ramp at Port Five.

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:25 am

Navigation in the Shadow Lands ... this topic could really use it's own printable guide. When I first started going to this confusing place, it was like trying to map out a city bus map by riding 4 different bus lines.

There are three whompas to Jobe, the 'city in the clouds' entry point to the shadowlands in Borealis, Rome Red and some clan garbage pit I've never been to. Once you use those whompas, you arrive at a platform, for further travel refinement to one of three parts of the city. One of those parts has a portal you pay to get a buff to use, and you travel to Nascense, the other two have a portal you pay for a buff and travel to Elysium.

Your first goal should be to kill a bunch of glowing angelic beasts and take their travel cards, so you can use the travel pylons located all around Elysium. Ditto for Nascense glowing angelic beasts. Kill them and take their bus passes. Stick all this in a bag, mark it 'shadowlands' and take it with you whenever you decide to get lost out here in an organized manner.

Once you have a large stash of bus passes for both Nascense and Elysium, you should work on getting the permanant bus pass of Thrak, or the permanant bus pass of Elysium (see guides on this web site). Once you have those permanant bus passes, you can lose the bag of stolen travel cards and use the permanant ones you keep with you at all times.

Once you get those two permanant passes, you can just whompa from Rome/Galway Castle/Outpost 10-3 and use a broken statue to travel to the shadowlands (any sub zone you have the permanant bus pass for). To leave the shadowlands, you use the relevant permanant bus pass on any of the black omni oriented pylons all over every zone to travel to your garden or sanctuary, then you hit the 'travel between gardens or sanctuaries' statue that is in every garden to get to Nascense (the first zone for company employees), then use the 'frontier bridge' pylon in the Thrak garden to arrive at Jobe research. Cross the white bridge and zone into the city, look right , and there is a whompa-that-does-not-look-like-a-whompa called Jobe and your off to the city in the clouds, where you can then access the platform, and go to Rome or Borealis. and one other place if I recall.