FUNCOM IS DEAD!!!READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!(MAYBY TERORIST ATTACK?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

darcek

FUNCOM IS DEAD!!!READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!(MAYBY TERORIST ATTACK?

Post by darcek » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:38 am

God dam it...

Yesterday 11th of October it seems like FunCom had DIED! :shock:

Some one has pulled the main switch off and NOTHING WORKS! :cry:

the game crushed on me Yesterday on 10 pm in the evening.
Went to report this on TECH forum...Forums are down also...
(i though mayby my isp may have crushed but nope everything works perfect execpt to the FUNCOM related sites and stuff)

Today its 8:00 am ALL services still down..not only that the registration site is also down...

Just bought stuff from the new expension..hope my money didnt just do down the drain... :x

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:30 am

<- Still playing. Like, right now.

It must be something on your ISP's end.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:42 am

Works fine at my end to
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:08 pm

In cases like this it is often necessary to follow this advice:

1. Take a few short breaths
2. Click the log in button a little
3. Write a calm and collected post in a forum like this one to see if anyone else is struggling
4. Should there be an issue at just your end, figure out how to fix it
5. If it is an issue for many people, do a few more short breaths but then endulge yourself in some of the goings on within RK4.. I know sometimes it is hard, but really.. you should eat, do some chores, get some sleep.. it's ok to have a break sometimes. If you do not adhere to any of this advice then at the very least follow the folllowing:

DON'T PANIC

NB: It says it right on the front of the book in bright red letters

:)

darcek

Post by darcek » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:16 pm

Well you say its working on your end..

im like WOW...

but still its 14:28 nothing..cant log in..forums dont respond and also registration all dead

If it was my isp this mean i cant post here..also ant go to other sites..ive tryed everything emule other web pages etc all working except stuff AO related...

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:31 pm

Just because you can get on other sites, doesnt mean that it still cannot be a problem with your ISP. It is potentially the case that your ISP cannot connect to Funcoms ISP.

If you cannot reach Funcom website, forums or login, then it would be worth trying to ascertain if it is lying with your ISP, and this could obviously be resolved by maybe you contacting them via their support desk.

Another route you can follow is sending an email to techsupport@anarchy-online.com and explain your issue to them. Obviously, if you have already contacted your ISP and gained information about whats happening your end then this would I imagine be more helpful to Techsupport in their ability to respond to you!

darcek

Post by darcek » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:12 pm

Well since everyone is having absulutly no problems mayby if someone was nice and looked in the tech area for something like this..

anyway i have an imag showing servers are down...
but dont know how to upload it here..

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:02 pm

darcek wrote:Well since everyone is having absulutly no problems mayby if someone was nice and looked in the tech area for something like this..
If people are having the same identical issue that you are, then they are not likely to be able to connect to the forum unless they do so via proxy.

There are people however who are having issues connecting to the game which have been reported since the 9th October. One had random disconnects and someone else has not been able to log in from earlier on today, although as I said, they are able to get to the forums via a proxy.

It is really highly likely to be a routing issue, and images showing that you cannot log in are not really very helpful unfortunately in these cases. If you have not followed any of my previous advice, then it might be a good idea at this point to enable the problem to be ascertained.. or you could run a trace route to see where things are hanging. (Please google for how to do a trace route if you are not familiar on how to do this)

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:12 pm

Hmm...

Only problem i've had yesterday (October 11th) was that it kept booting me offline. It wasnt my connection because everyone else in my house was doing fine online, but im the only person playing the game.

It kicked me off litterally like 3 times in 20 minutes. So i just said screw it, played Halo for a little while, then got back on. Just a small lag here and there (FC still needs to fix that :( ) but other then that, it was fine.

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:36 pm

Also, if you're using firewall or router, check if you have ports 7500 and 7600 opened.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

darcek

Post by darcek » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:12 pm

Thx guys seem iam very unlucky somehow the ports connected to funcom got closed so its my own problem..sorry for that..guss i wont be playing AO :((

Talked with my ISP seem they made a mistake..i was told not to use a dialer a couple of monthj ago..that was a mistake..and they say that mayby Funcom saw me as a virus so they closed my links...now i have to wait to like tusday untill something can be done...pretty screwed up
Last edited by darcek on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:14 pm

darcek wrote:Thx guys seem iam very unlucky somehow the ports connected to funcom got closed so its my own problem..sorry for that..guss i wont be playing AO :((
you will be missed :(

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:09 am

Reading UKBlizzard's posts, inregards to Darcek's, has a weird, almost errie calming effect. It's like I'm reading a Buddhist Monk typing, from somewhere on a mountaintop, <chanting in the background, incense, robes, flames, stone temple walls> The monk is wearing a telephone headset, and there is a little 'tech support' sign on the table. The monk is murmering, and typing, then the screen shifts to show an angry German kid pounding his keyboard and screaming and typing ...but ... slowly ... the effect of the monks murmuring slows the hysterical childs' heartrate. He calms, catches his breath, replaces the keys that popped of his keyboard, and gets his problem solved.

OooooOOOOoooooooommmmmmmmm

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:29 am

hehe, Ozzie you made me giggle. I guess from your analysis of my post that we can either interpret it as me becoming raedy for motherhood .. or maybe it was just the "DON'T PANIC" at the end that oozed the calm - in which case, well .. we all read that one :)

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:16 am

heh heh :-) the calming effect most obvious to me is that even in the face of hysteria, your posts were reasoned, lengthy and took no notice of their intended recipients' disjointed demeanor. The reply was "omgzers w3r3 a11 g0ing t0 D1E!!!!!!!!!!......da A0 is da bomb all my base!!!" and then you came right back "OoooooOOOOOOoooooommmmm" and after a few rounds he was calm and filled with understanding ;-)